What squeege is best?

I like to cut down a 6" squegee channel to 4" and use the 120" roll of thin blue squegee as pictures above for auto. Put it all in a unger pro handle.

you get 4 edges per blade piece and maximum water removal.

if you try and use it in a 6" channel for auto it won't conform to the curve of the glass enough and you will leave big pockets of water behind.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like to cut down a 6" squegee channel to 4" and use the 120" roll of thin blue squegee as pictures above for auto. Put it all in a unger pro handle.

you get 4 edges per blade piece and maximum water removal.

if you try and use it in a 6" channel for auto it won't conform to the curve of the glass enough and you will leave big pockets of water behind.

What are you using to cut down the channel size. I just water using a Handel squeegee for cleaning and I find the end of the channel rubbing against moldings or window frames.

I can't figure how you are replacing blue max squeegees every couple weeks. I trim mine when needed and mine last for years. Blue max for max water removal and orange crush for the hot summer months

cheers

Guess I will see if I am still in the game. Been researching and setting distributors in order for a number of years on the squeegee and Olga blade dullness for years. As far as Olga blades seemingly not as sharp as they use to be, that is in a different thread, so now back to the topic at hand. Blue max, yellow turbo, side swiped, orange crush, etc. I have an extensive resource of information and will pass it on as far as knockoffs are concerned (actually bough a pair of new air Jordan's I the middle 90's for 27 bucks. Anyway, orrigional blue max is a deep dark blue, knock off is a light blue candescent...not the same tool.

yellow turbo, orrigional, (soft, deep yellow), new ones are bright yellow and firm. These companies need to get an understanding that some of us have been in the business a minute.

the one on the left I pulled from old inventory and is the orrigional 

IMG_1312.JPG

Not to mention the old bulldozer compared to the new version....no comparison! The rubber edge was soooo much better...and NEVER separated...I have one of the originals from when they first came out...showed it to one of my reps....they couldn't get over the difference 

Archived