Tint School/Training

Did many of you go to a tinting school? We have looked at several... We're looking at going to Florida to Tint College. What's your opinions? Also, do most of your cut free hand or have you invested in a plotter? Please tell why you choose cutting by hand or by plotter. We are looking at purchasing a plotter.

Didn't go to a school buy if I had to do it all over again I would. Saves a lot of headache that comes with trying to learn it on your own. My :twocents it would even be a question I'd go to @flat rock stan school. I think he tinted the pyramids when they were being built. Also know how to hand cut but if you can spring for the plotter that's the route I'd go. 

Learn the art of hand cut, incorporate plotter into that. Plotter does you no good when internet goes down or power goes out. I like Plotter for rear window and quarter glasses. I like to had cut anything that moves because plotter doesn't fit the way I like it.

Cheers

I went to school of @flat rock stan. I was trying to learn how to tint on my own for 3 to 4 months before I went to his class and I wish I would of done the reverse. Stan is amazing at what he does. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be where I am today. He gave me the confidence and showed me how to tackle anything that crosses my path. 

2 hours ago, shadyladytinting said:

Did many of you go to a tinting school? We have looked at several... We're looking at going to Florida to Tint College. What's your opinions? Also, do most of your cut free hand or have you invested in a plotter? Please tell why you choose cutting by hand or by plotter. We are looking at purchasing a plotter.

Welcome to the forum. I have a five day hands on course that I teach in Portland Oregon and Saint Louis Missouri.  If you are interested in learning more let me know and I will be happy to talk with you. Over the years I have developed a really comprehensive program that has taught thousands of people around the world how to tint windows. Don't forget my DVD learning library :twocents

Cheers

Stan 

On 5/12/2017 at 11:16 AM, drtint4211 said:

Learn the art of hand cut, incorporate plotter into that. Plotter does you no good when internet goes down or power goes out. I like Plotter for rear window and quarter glasses. I like to had cut anything that moves because plotter doesn't fit the way I like it.

Cheers

^best advice. i love my plotter but sometimes dealerships get new body vehicles faster than templates are made. as others have, i also suggest stan's school. never met him but heard nothing but good of him. iv been doing autos for over a decade, but when i decide to do flat glass i will be paying him a visit.

10 hours ago, Angelo said:

^best advice. i love my plotter but sometimes dealerships get new body vehicles faster than templates are made. as others have, i also suggest stan's school. never met him but heard nothing but good of him. iv been doing autos for over a decade, but when i decide to do flat glass i will be paying him a visit.

:yeah

Archived