Initial Stock Suggestions

I'm sure I could ask my rep but I also figured I'd get some input. 

So I'm going with Xpel for paint protection from now on, getting DAP and won't be ordering kits anymore. What roll sizes would you suggest initially always having on the shelf to be able to tackle most jobs. I'll mostly be doing partial hoods and front bumpers, plus impact zones. I don't forsee doing many full hoods anytime soon and would just order large rolls when the demand is there. 

Thanks for any input guys! 

24" and 30" is what you will run through the most using DAP(most any other programs also) and the occasional (quite rare)36" needed for a big bumper. I would say to stock some 60" as it's not to hard to get people to upgrade to full fronts once you go over the benifits. 

The DAP has tint coverage on most common models found in the U.S back until the late 90's.

Not unlike the ppf patterns, the tint pattern quality tends to increase as the year models get newer.

Definitely give XPEL Canada a ring if you want to test the tint patterns out!  We've been on a mission to improve our tint database offering over the past couple of years, so I really think you'll like what you see!

50 minutes ago, XPEL Jeff said:

The DAP has tint coverage on most common models found in the U.S back until the late 90's.

Not unlike the ppf patterns, the tint pattern quality tends to increase as the year models get newer.

Definitely give XPEL Canada a ring if you want to test the tint patterns out!  We've been on a mission to improve our tint database offering over the past couple of years, so I really think you'll like what you see!

Awesome, thanks Jeff. 

Already have talked to them, Gino has been good. Have tried window film samples and they were actually superb, really impressed. Will be using the PPF this week. Either way, I'm making my first full order this week and was pleased when I heard the DAP includes window film patterns, just was curious about how they are as I really haven't seen it mentioned on here. 

I have Film Vinyl Design for tint patterns that I have used for a few years. I guess just by habit it was my go to, and never tried the dap tint patterns even though I had it. Just recently started trying them out. So far the fitment has been good. I would say better then FVD.

Good to know.

I've been using TintTek for a few years, but honestly haven't been overly impressed a few times lately. I find sun strip patterns are extremely hit or miss. Some fitment with some newer patterns is absolutely brutal. New Subaru wasn't big enough at all on the side windows. I mean, unless you like clear glass. I also find, and maybe this is my machine, but I doubt it, that some patterns end up with a lot of hiccups and what not. And I've also found that with it, the older patterns are better. I cut a 2001 Infinity i30 the other day and the pattern was absolutely perfect and cut beautifully too. Doesn't make sense to me. 

So, basically, for the price of DAP, I'm totally up for exploring other options. 

The problem I see with most tint cutting software is patterns are submitted from multiple outside shops. So even the software company dosent even really know what they are getting. I beleive DAP patterns are made in house. @XPEL Jeff correct me if I am wrong.

1 hour ago, Jake said:

The problem I see with most tint cutting software is patterns are submitted from multiple outside shops. So even the software company dosent even really know what they are getting. I beleive DAP patterns are made in house. @XPEL Jeff correct me if I am wrong.

Correct.  We employee a team to make all patterns in house, using a single design theory/process (that's why the DAP is more expensive than other programs).

Archived