Worse customer in 6 years

Its part of the bis your in. You have to be smart about weeding these customers out. I can tell with the first three words out if a person mouth if I want to work for them or not. If its starts with "how much to tint" its a good indication you may have trouble. Luckily my people ask when can I get there. Its taken 30 years to get to this point but its nice to be here. If I have a unhappy person I fix it at any cost. The number one thing is to protect your Google rating, specially if you have 5 stars, which I do. It lets you call you price, again, which I do.. You get what you give in this World and the tinting bis is no differnt.

Ah! That's so frustrating! I can relate, just had a guy come in on this 2002 Accord. Its just plain gold, the rims are a little flashy that's all. He was going a little back and forth deciding if he wanted to go with 20% or 35% (Both are totally legal) and he finally chose 20%. After the install for a whole week he would send paranoid text messages (Literally a novel long text!) and he kept calling making sure that he wasn't going to get pulled over for it and stuff. Finally he called frustrated and wanted all the tint removed and his freaking money back! Not only did he CHOOSE 20% but he was already not going to pay for it getting removed which usually runs $150 here at the shop. BUT he also wanted his money back! I was so frustrated because he made it seem like it was our fault and the cops were after him which is BS. It's literally an old man in a Honda Accord, seriously?! So just to keep him from coming back and bothering us, we removed the tint (which looked so good, ugh.) and gave him his money back. The. Worst.

it actually was your fault.....since when is 20% legal in washington state?   since Neveruary 1986.     24% minimum is the law.    And you're 20% metered 14% after install.....totally illegal.   you must have a meter right?     

----------i wanted to edit my post Kon to explain a little bit more.   (because i always come across as a dick :lol )    your customer came in and asked me to meter his car.   it happens all the time.   your customer's tint metered at 14%.  he told me that the "guy" that tinted his car told him he was getting 20% and that it was totally legal.   I explained to him how different films meter differently out of the box and therefore different on the glass after install.   i also told him.   he had a light interior that made his tint look lighter which helped.  i also told him there was no way i ever saw him getting pulled over for it.   it looked light due to the interior.   i also told him it looked like a great tint job and that he should just go with it and not worry about it.   then.......he told me it was you that did it.   that's when i immediately told him i considered you a friend that i'd never say anything bad about you.   you're a good guy and i know it.   

but in the end.....he was told 20% was legal.  which it isn't.    as you know we install llumar.    20 meters 20 after install because it's usually 26 out of the box.   suntek isn't that way.   20 is 20 out of the box.   meaning he ended up with 14.    i think that's the part that really bugged the dude.   if it actually metered 20 he probably wouldn't have bothered you.      i've changed my mind.....i think this whole ordeal for you is probably my fault.    but i was just spewing the truth and how i felt.   i literally told the dude he should just keep it and not worry about it.    he just couldn't handle the number 14.    i'm sorry dude.  

Edited by blade

Before I start my story I will start by saying I will never ever refund a full amount to a unhappy customer. I always do my best to educate the customer about Mass tint law and contamination.

I'm not a "PRO" tinter I tint 20 or so vehicles a year and my price for tinting reflects on that being lower then most shops in my area. Also that's why I don't advertise or do business cards all my work comes by word of mouth cause I want the next person to see the job I do from the person that refers them to me.

So I had a guy that was referred to my by a repet customer of mine. From the get go talking to him I could tell he was a pain in the ass but gave him the pain in the ass customer price. He still decided to go with my cause I'm sure he did call around and find I was the best price. He dropped the truck off to me the day it was scheduled 35 minutes late. I told him I would be done around a certain time and that I would text him when I had 20 minutes left to being done and if he could be back to the shop within that 20 min cause I needed to be somewhere that day at a certain time. I did the whole 4 door truck split rear window. Text him to start heading my way to pick up and pay. Took him over 25 min to get back to my then said he was heading my way. Now 45 min late for pick up wanted me to go over the whole truck with him then proceed to complain about the water runs/spots on the truck cause he told me he just got it detailed. I told him I'm not a detailer and I wouldn't wipe done a black vehicle. He payed me and left.

two days later he called left a message saying how unhappy he was with the job about dust and looked like I scratched all the film before I even put it on. I met up with him looked at it and the "scratches" were just squeegee marked that rubbed right off and the contamination on the two fronts were a little  excessive and if he was cool about it I would have redone them but the way he was acting I was not  about to give him the satisfaction of redoing them. I told him I'm not a perfect tinter and that's why he got the price he got he proceeds to tell me he got 3 other quotes and they were all about the same price. I know for a fact that's BS. So I told him he's being way to picky and asked him what he wants he told me 70% money back. I told him absolutely no way. I offered him $60 back he said no so I said my last offer is $100 back take it or leave it. He took it and right after that I told him to loose my number and never call me again.

sorry for the rant but that's the worst custy I ever had to deal with 

Edited by BRITEworks

Get security cameras!!!

in our garage we have 4 cameras all centered on the work area and it covers all areas of the vehicle including the parking lot.

If someone complains that we scratched or messed up the car then we go strait to the cameras.