Open Chat LOTP #764

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Bham said:

:sad  I feel bad for one of my customers. Awhile back He asked me to come to his house to look at doing one window,,, well, it was a long drive across town to get to this look at, and I don't do much flat glass.  Fast forward to me trying to open this shop up :pullinghair ,, I run across his number and then all of the sudden he shows up at the my new shop with a re-do from that crap film I was sold a three years ago.   Well, I asked him about this one window he had mentioned and he said..... 

I ran into this guy who said he does houses.  Well I let him do a bunch of windows, and they are all cracked now. :gasp  

Looks like its time to bone up on your favourite suppliers sun control films and do it right for your new best friend!

9 minutes ago, WearTheFoxHat said:

Looks like its time to bone up on your favourite suppliers sun control films and do it right for your new best friend!

Problem is, I don't have the thousand dollars or so to spend on the proper glass testing tools to make sure I don't break anything.

I don't want to be that other guy  :heh 

Just now, Bham said:

Problem is, I don't have the thousand dollars or so to spend on the proper glass testing tools to make sure I don't break anything.

I don't want to be that other guy  :heh 

You don't have to spend 1000's it's actually pretty cut and dry. 

Just now, jh812 said:

You don't have to spend 1000's it's actually pretty cut and dry. 

That's probably what the other guy thought too. :lol  

Yeah, I plan on learning all of that stuff, once I am more comfortable with this shop being * off the ground and somewhat stable *  

The Avery rep that stopped by was very informative on that stuff. :thumb2  

Lots of people hate safe mirror tint and want black looking film and i say cant do that and one guy(a house office)found somebody else that thought it was okay and then i saw cracked windows with limo apllied lol

Archived