What happened to Tinttek patterns?

Sunbreakers

Ok, I haven´t posted that much on the forum, but I need opinions and suggestions...I have used Tinttek for a couple of years and always thought things worked pretty well..not too many problems with patterns...however here lately it seems their quality control has gone way way down. Rear doors on 2017 GMC Yukon XL gapped at the bottom because the bottom edge is not straight. Windshield patterns hardly ever fit...2007-2015 Jeep Wrangler 4dr...mirror bracket hole is too far left, top is sloping to one side and bottom edge is about 2¨ too big. Other people have to be tinting these...and complaining. Call Tinttek and speak to the folks I have come to know and appreciate their excellent customer service and this time...amazing response...they take the info (year, make, model, problem) and say they will "pass it along." They have "no way of knowing when or if it will be corrected" was the response to me pointing out that the Yukon...was the second time I had mentioned it in 6 months. The jeep has been wrong...since I have had the software. I told the lady I spoke with I was considering jumping ship...She mentioned there have been "lots of complaints lately regarding strips and windshield patterns." Supposedly they had lots of problems in the past and now have an in house team who creates these types of patterns...do they even tint? 

Anyway I have been considering Film Designs and requested a free month trial online and never received a response. Now I just read in the other topic here regarding garbage patterns that their software seems plagued with similar problems...is this true and/or can any of you folks recommend a reliable software? Precision cut was also spotty quality and why we moved to Tinttek. I just don´t understand how we can have PP patterns and most window patterns that work really well and not windshields and front strips. This was a big reason for me even getting a plotter. 

Thanks for your help and suggestions. 

Charley

I'll first say I don't trust any windshield patterns and honestly have never heard anyone say they do from any company. I do use the strips but I always lay those on the outside first, position it where I need it. Then I'll trim off the top. All that being said the rest of the vehicles patterns from computer cut are pretty spot on. Now I'm sure you may come across a top edge that isn't 100% perfect but I just bump those up a little and file them where needed. 

Archived