Battery Ran Out

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, shadytints said:

gots a jump box as well,  have had cars die 5 min into the tint.  my light also draws 15 amps,  jump box powers it for almost a week if I forget to charge it.  yes i had a smaller light,  180 watt 18,000 lumen even makes limo over factory cake to cut

@shadytints What kind of light is this? I'm old, can't see to cut 35 ob clear glass without a good light which I never can find!!

2 hours ago, DOOTINT said:

He rigged up a lightbar for auto he.posted a vid before i remember?

but this thing you charge and its cordless and i might order it/looks better than what i use besides also white paper stuffed in the rear when i remember lol

20170806_140051.jpg

White paper trick is beautiful you can see edge goooood!

I have been using cheap white vinyl to cover the important stuff on the rear deck and that helps. My favorite trick is sprayway foamy glass cleaner around the edges and of course the back of the dealer plates....white :twocents

I also cut the white vinyl into strips for the felt on doors. Stuff is lots slippery..er than tape for tight seals.

13 hours ago, flat rock stan said:

What kind of light is this? I'm old, can't see to cut 35 ob clear glass without a good light which I never can find!!

custom build LOL

mountain 39 watt T5 mechanic under hood light i was buying on amazon for $85, snap-on or mac have them for $185.  pretty bright but but would last little over a year and balast fried.  mobile tint bouncing around takes it toll.   ordered a 32 inch fog/spot off road roof mount on amazon for $50 and built it into the mountain housing.  little overkill? maybe.  18k lumen 180 watt= 15 amp draw.  so alligator clips to the jump box or direct to car battery.  vid is before i combined the two.  cast housing on the spot was to heavy to rotate the light and hold position and concerns of heat sinks damaging vehicle.   have to make a couple more for friends,  can show the necessary mods to make one if you want.

Archived