What the f*%k is this?!

My background -

Tinted over 300 cars in around 2 years of trading, comfortable with most cars that come my way now. Tinted 4 of this particular model in the past and never had this issue.

As you can see in the photos, I installed tint to the rear window of this 4x4 and there are a 'few' problems. Could these all be weld spots? I tinted the window twice and had the same issue.

Im very particular with my installs and have high standards - 2 or 3 specs of dust per window (Maximum) or I pull it and re-install. I never have issues getting the standard I aim for.

Just wondering if anyone had seen anything like this before?

Thanks in advance.

* I know the dots look white on the photos but nearly all of them had a dark centre.

IMG_4189.JPG

IMG_4190.JPG

I've seen it many many times....once on an old Vette...I think it was an 87 or so.  Didn't bother checking the inside...finally got the thing shrunk, then went inside to clean it and low and behold...FULL of grinder marks.  I didn't even bother installing it.  Called the customer and told him, come pick up your car.  

On 07/08/2017 at 5:14 AM, Fresh Tints Derby said:

My background -

Tinted over 300 cars in around 2 years of trading, comfortable with most cars that come my way now. Tinted 4 of this particular model in the past and never had this issue.

As you can see in the photos, I installed tint to the rear window of this 4x4 and there are a 'few' problems. Could these all be weld spots? I tinted the window twice and had the same issue.

Im very particular with my installs and have high standards - 2 or 3 specs of dust per window (Maximum) or I pull it and re-install. I never have issues getting the standard I aim for.

Just wondering if anyone had seen anything like this before?

Thanks in advance.

* I know the dots look white on the photos but nearly all of them had a dark centre.

IMG_4189.JPG

IMG_4190.JPG

You might wanna check the film defect, so. Sometime there are millions of specs in the film as faulty film or poor quality product manufacture.. 

Archived