Pulling out hairs and dirt?

29 minutes ago, quality tintz said:

I saved a piece of film yesterday that had stuck on my junk.It seems I need a new place to save them all . I flushed after I shit on peel board and then rubbed one out with my hand. How about you guys any stories ?

Fixed it for ya .:D

After fixing and re reading I'm not sure we need all that detail though :smh

removing debris from film can be challenging.  bad environment (busy detail shop) can add more dirt and hair then you were trying to remove.

mist all around window and arm used for removal.  carefully and slowly peel film back to access the spot.  use a wet finger to loosen the dirt or hair from film and flush it out.  sometimes if you lick your finger the dirt or hair will stick to you and not the film.   mist the film and carefully squeegee back into place.

pulling film off window creates a vacuum sucking debris in,  reason to mist everything.  when dirt is loose only flush from spot down, gravity helps you.  only mist the top to reapply so water does not run into patter from edge.  squeegee starting at lowest point so water does not bring new debris in.  if spot is near edge,  pull film past it leaving long loop to avoid small crease.   on large windows, a bull dozer or hard card behind spot help remove stubborn spots with fingers.  

8 minutes ago, shadytints said:

removing debris from film can be challenging.  bad environment (busy detail shop) can add more dirt and hair then you were trying to remove.

mist all around window and arm used for removal.  carefully and slowly peel film back to access the spot.  use a wet finger to loosen the dirt or hair from film and flush it out.  sometimes if you lick your finger the dirt or hair will stick to you and not the film.   mist the film and carefully squeegee back into place.

pulling film off window creates a vacuum sucking debris in,  reason to mist everything.  when dirt is loose only flush from spot down, gravity helps you.  only mist the top to reapply so water does not run into patter from edge.  squeegee starting at lowest point so water does not bring new debris in.  if spot is near edge,  pull film past it leaving long loop to avoid small crease.   on large windows, a bull dozer or hard card behind spot help remove stubborn spots with fingers.  

Thanks shady always good answers you have helped me alot thanks again bro 

thanks for the question,  love the puzzles.

not sure if I posted here on slip beading up on treated windows.   i am sure you have run across one where the slip beads up and film tacs before you can squeegee.

wheel acid with steel wool or scrubby will remove the coating to make it easier to tint.  no probs yet but i am careful to only get it on glass and then flush gaskets after.  high pressure on my P2 and ultra fine mist keeps the slip from beading and falling off as well.   not confirmed yet,  biodegradable wheel cleaner is said to work as well

On 8/17/2017 at 4:36 PM, shadytints said:

thanks for the question,  love the puzzles.

not sure if I posted here on slip beading up on treated windows.   i am sure you have run across one where the slip beads up and film tacs before you can squeegee.

wheel acid with steel wool or scrubby will remove the coating to make it easier to tint.  no probs yet but i am careful to only get it on glass and then flush gaskets after.  high pressure on my P2 and ultra fine mist keeps the slip from beading and falling off as well.   not confirmed yet,  biodegradable wheel cleaner is said to work as well

So does alcohol and a glass scrubbie. Weather does play a part. And custys using invisiglass cleaner don't help if we don't know. Humidity will also do that if JJ is used to apply and left in bottle from the day before

14 hours ago, drtint said:

So does alcohol and a glass scrubbie. Weather does play a part. And custys using invisiglass cleaner don't help if we don't know.

most products are silicone and come off with wiper fluid.  products like Aquapel last 6 months to a year.  I remember it claims it chemically altered the surface of the glass and would make current chips unrepairable.   if the water beads on the glass you will probably have issues.  fine mist on my sprayer keeps slip from falling off.    

Archived