New hybrid blade

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, flat rock stan said:

@Tintmaster08 the sale of our shop didn't happen.  Still have the work 3 full time and 2 part time workers were doing.... instead of buying they just rented my old building and scam my customers.  They didn't count on loyalty, customers still come to the new place and comment they felt something wasn't right since we have been doing their windows for so many years. Finished last night at 1 am and back today at 8:30!!! I'm worn out :woot2

How long does it take ya to do a four door...with two people

Guest SumTintGuy

I used to work with mixing engineers in hollywood they worked like 13 16hrs but they also walked away with 6 to 20k a day. And also some didn't.

20 hours ago, flat rock stan said:

@Tintmaster08 the sale of our shop didn't happen.  Still have the work 3 full time and 2 part time workers were doing.... instead of buying they just rented my old building and scam my customers.  They didn't count on loyalty, customers still come to the new place and comment they felt something wasn't right since we have been doing their windows for so many years. Finished last night at 1 am and back today at 8:30!!! I'm worn out :woot2

Glad to hear you are doing well Stan. We briefly met at the WFM show last year. ( don't know if you remember) ... just a story I wanted to share with you. .. I as well spent decades working 10-15 hours a day 6-7 days a week building my business....Never had a off switch. I was out one night at about 2:30 am plowing snow in a blizzard when I met up with a friend of mine who was also out plowing  for coffee at a 24hr Dunkin Donuts.. he knew I had worked all day tinting and knew our typical work week... he asked me if I wanted to be "the richest guy in the graveyard" ... I will never forget that.. it was about 3 weeks to the day that he died from a massive heart attack. .. That encounter has significantly changed my perspective on how I balance work with living. .. I wish you the best of luck. 

Yes I remember meeting!  The hours fly by when you are doing what you love. It's easy to disengage the stop switch but yes you are right. My stress levels are lower than they have been for years so as Martha Stewart says. ... that's a good thing :twocents

I had my first heart attack 28 years ago and last year had my 5th heart surgery. Last 20 years I have had really bad irregular heart beats.  Worst is when Dr's do the reboot where they stop my heart and restart it!! Have had 12 of those!!!!

But back on topic, the hybrid blade I have used on auto but next week am going to do some flat glass using it with the Fusion flat out handle. 

Cheers @TomTint

I have found nothing works as good as the original black ones especially on bck glasses with defrosters.  just marketing crap for film company to act and say they have better products than the next guy. The average tinter has way more tools than he needs for the job. The simpler you can make your tool pouch the better off you'll be. 

75% or more of the game of golf is not the equipment used, its the user.

11 hours ago, flat rock stan said:

Yes I remember meeting!  The hours fly by when you are doing what you love. It's easy to disengage the stop switch but yes you are right. My stress levels are lower than they have been for years so as Martha Stewart says. ... that's a good thing :twocents

I had my first heart attack 28 years ago and last year had my 5th heart surgery. Last 20 years I have had really bad irregular heart beats.  Worst is when Dr's do the reboot where they stop my heart and restart it!! Have had 12 of those!!!!

But back on topic, the hybrid blade I have used on auto but next week am going to do some flat glass using it with the Fusion flat out handle. 

Cheers @TomTint

I remember when i was little asking my Father how i'll know when i was old, he said you're old when work becomes fun and fun becomes work lol. i must be old haha 

9 hours ago, driftmaster said:

I have found nothing works as good as the original black ones especially on bck glasses with defrosters.  just marketing crap for film company to act and say they have better products than the next guy. The average tinter has way more tools than he needs for the job. The simpler you can make your tool pouch the better off you'll be. 

75% or more of the game of golf is not the equipment used, its the user.

What black ones the black turbo??

Archived