How many cars

Personally I would not hire someone under 5 years experience...to me it is a safer bet that they can install on most vehicles cleanly.  However there are always exemptions...some people with 10+ years under their belt still suck and someone with only 3 years rock.  There is a guy in GA that thinks he is a king and invited window tint.  He has been tinting since late 80's/early 90's.  I can say first hand his work is trash and he is on his 4th business right now doing mobile.

Edited by DynamicAppearance

I got lucky. Had to deal with a Dodge account from the very start. So dealt with wranglers, 200s, 300s, and Chargers for a whole year with a ship that sold 100 a month. I honestly think that those cars made me better really quick. Lots of headaches and long ride home but I'm glad it happened to me.

1 minute ago, Stewy said:

I got lucky. Had to deal with a Dodge account from the very start. So dealt with wranglers, 200s, 300s, and Chargers for a whole year with a ship that sold 100 a month. I honestly think that those cars made me better really quick. Lots of headaches and long ride home but I'm glad it happened to me.

Exactly, your personal experience is different from another.  So you can be a better tinter than someone who has 5 times the work under their belt.

LMAO, pretty good is a relative thing! I've been tinting for 20 years, and I'm sure there are plenty of things that these guys could show me and vice versa. If tinting is something you want to do to make  a living doing, then get a job at a high volume shop and learn everything you can. You'll know when you have, because the other guys will be coming to you for help. (PS it will take a few years) But please strive for something better than pretty good! 

1 hour ago, Super Dave said:

LMAO, pretty good is a relative thing! I've been tinting for 20 years, and I'm sure there are plenty of things that these guys could show me and vice versa. If tinting is something you want to do to make  a living doing, then get a job at a high volume shop and learn everything you can. You'll know when you have, because the other guys will be coming to you for help. (PS it will take a few years) But please strive for something better than pretty good! 

Always better school with tinters that have been there before you i had four teachers 10 year experience  but only one guy really showed me the ropes..took 9 month's before went on my own....