How many cars

One thing that makes it harder starting out is the frequency you tint.  5 a week or just 1? You can forget stuff fast and the more you do the quicker you would catch on. If i could go back, i would tint my own vehicle 1-3 times per day, along with shrinking the bg a few times. The cost of film would be worth the waste.  

Also, I've found that there are naturally talented people out there that will learn to tint well very quickly, some I've met had only a couple years experience. Others I've worked with have had decades experience, and I wouldn't let them near something I owned

On 9/24/2017 at 10:01 PM, Super Dave said:

Also, I've found that there are naturally talented people out there that will learn to tint well very quickly, some I've met had only a couple years experience. Others I've worked with have had decades experience, and I wouldn't let them near something I owned

Scary tinters ha

On 9/11/2017 at 7:53 PM, BigShubz said:

How many cars to be pretty good at tinting, iv done maybe 10 cars so far and today i had a car which i found really difficult and felt discouraged, i was able to tint the previous cars no problem but this one was hard. Anyways let me know after how many cars i should b good 

it took me a whole year to get comfortable doing a whole car sunroof and windscreen. still cant do a beetle or c6 vette.

i also work at a shop that does at least 4 cars a day. so i would say for you to just pay attention and try to do as many strip and retints as possible and if you are using a plotter  learn to hand cut it will make you closer to your work. if you mess up a window with a plotter you can just reprint. if you hand cut and mess up youll pay more attention.

also r&r your own vehicle and try out different shades. even  if its illegal.