How to choose a great installer?

I am not in the business but this forum has been the most informative I've seen with PPF and tinting.  I'm about to take delivery of a 2018 Porsche Macan S and want to have paint protection film and window tinting done.  From all the reading I've done, I've come to the conclusion that all films are created equal given some small nuances, and the secret is finding a great installer.  There are several shops that do this type of work in my area, so how do I know who will do the best install for me.  What are the questions I need to be asking these shops to help me make my decision?  I've read there are special challenges with the Porsche because of the size of the hood and the kits are not big enough and need to be stretched.  What I'm looking to have done is the full front end (hood, bumper, fenders, headlights), side mirrors, A pillars and front of roof to moonroof, top of luggage loading area.  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Best way to try to ensure you have the best installer is to not cheap out. most reputable installers will base the cost off of what they feel is fair for there workmanship. Check google reviews. Many will say they can do the hood in one piece. It can be done by simply stretching the film. The pro is that you will not see a line. The biggest con is the more you stretch the film the thinner it will get. Leading brands will be Xpel(ultimate), Suntek(ultra), Llumar (platinum), 3M(pro series). They all have pros and cons.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:50 PM, blackoutauto said:

Best way to try to ensure you have the best installer is to not cheap out. most reputable installers will base the cost off of what they feel is fair for there workmanship. Check google reviews. Many will say they can do the hood in one piece. It can be done by simply stretching the film. The pro is that you will not see a line. The biggest con is the more you stretch the film the thinner it will get. Leading brands will be Xpel(ultimate), Suntek(ultra), Llumar (platinum), 3M(pro series). They all have pros and cons.

I agree except the Google reviews. A local Xpel "certified" shop opened up about a year and a half ago. The guy ended up setting up three DBAs and for each one he had a company create a lot of fake Facebook profiles all to write fake Google reviews. The "North Dallas" guy threated to kill my 4 year old daughter at the time when I called him out on them. Needless to say I called the police on him and reported him to the state... although to this day the guy has made hundreds of fake reviews for his business. I always recommend taking reviews with a grain of salt. Go actually see the work first hand and make a determination then.

:chin   So I guess you are a negative instead of a positive person, huh?   Why would you *go looking* for the bad in someone, and automatically assume they do wrong, instead of focusing on the good? :crazy 

Edited by Bham

Not usually.  But yes when I'm looking to buy a product or service.  There will usually be an over abundance of positive reviews unless a product or service is terrible.  I like to look at the negative reviews and see if it would be a negative for me or. Something I can live with.  Or someone just bitching.  I'm usually a glass half full kind of guy.