Window Tinting Experts

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎16 at 2:11 PM, Bham said:

:bs Maybe,, just maybe you'll get 92% heat rejection,,, if you include this with your *tints*  job.

59e4f65d94db8_ScreenShot2017-10-16at1_08_11PM.png.fae9b0105b250d4fbff13904d1b63e73.png

Also first time, I think, anyone has claimed better gas milage with window tint.   I don't even think turning off your A/C will help that much with gas mileage. :smh 

Hi Bham 

The way it works for fuel economy is that once you enter into the car, you will not turn the A/C  to max or the high setting you are used to since the interior of the car would not be as hot as before. Therefore you will turn on your A/C to a lower setting, saving money on fuel. 

On 10/16/2017 at 4:58 PM, Sisqouc said:

Regarding the "reflecting" 92% of heat.

What is the TSER?

Hey Sisqouc, 

Our calculations for our SF73 film (which has a heat rejection of 92%) has a TSER value of 63%

That's pretty high up when compared to other companies' films, I would say

Suntek  CXP Carbon Ceramic 35%      =  53% TSER

Llumar CTX Ceramic 30%                    =  51% TSER

Solar Gard Ultra Perfromance 30%      =  43% TSER

Thanks for your question!

We aim to help as much as we can!

Edited by Solar Safe Films

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎16 at 2:00 PM, Jake said:

So your telling me if my car gets 20mpg I will gain 5mpg, if I use this film?

Hi Jake

The film will help reduce the amount of gas being used for the A/C as you will likely lower the temperature setting since the vehicle would not be as hot as it would be without the films. Therefore lower setting on the A/C, more fuel you would be saving. 

On 10/16/2017 at 7:15 PM, blackoutauto said:

statistically using a/c can increase fuel consumption UP TO 20% but that is depending on cabin size and outdoor temperature.

SSF will be hosting an exclusive LIVE Q&A session with one of our chief installers NEXT FRIDAY (3 NOV)!

Message us on our Facebook (SolarSafeadvancedfilms) with all your questions! 

@blackoutautoTrue!

Basically how it works is that car manufacturers have an optimal power to weight ratio. The ideal ratio would, obviously, be more power : lower weight. 

When you use the a/c, power is taken from the vehicle to provide you a cooler ride. The weight of the car remains constant but now with the a/c on, the power has been reduced. 

In order to make up for that loss of power, you would need to step harder on the accelerator. Thus, you use more fuel. 

Our tints reject heat and so when you enter the vehicle, your car is cooler even before you start the ride. So, there is less need to turn on the a/c high and less need to step hard on the accelerator. Thus, you will consume less fuel and save up on money along the way.

Hope that helps!

Feel free to contact SSF with your questions!

On 10/17/2017 at 3:22 AM, redneckj said:

the a/c thing has been busted along time ago.lol

SSF will be hosting an exclusive LIVE Q&A session with one of our chief installers NEXT FRIDAY (3 NOV)!

The "a/c on increases fuel consumption" is a somewhat misleading statement. It makes it seem that as if there is a direct correlation between a/c usage and fuel usage. 

This is not the case all the time. As has been explained in our post above, when the a/c is turned on (rather than more fuel is consumed) there is a reduced horsepower because some power is being sent to power the a/c. In order to reach the same speed as without the a/c, you would need to press harder on the accelerator, which would then increase your fuel consumption. 

Of course, you can opt out of stepping harder on the pedal, which is what mythbusters did (they kept the car going at 55mph). In this case, of course, regardless of a/c on or off, fuel consumption would stay the more or less the same.   

This is because a/c on = reduced horsepower (not increased fuel consumption).  In that sense, it really makes no sense why mythbusters did this experiment in the first place. 

On 10/24/2017 at 4:42 AM, Solar Safe Films said:

@blackoutautoTrue!

Basically how it works is that car manufacturers have an optimal power to weight ratio. The ideal ratio would, obviously, be more power : lower weight. 

When you use the a/c, power is taken from the vehicle to provide you a cooler ride. The weight of the car remains constant but now with the a/c on, the power has been reduced. 

In order to make up for that loss of power, you would need to step harder on the accelerator. Thus, you use more fuel. 

Our tints reject heat and so when you enter the vehicle, your car is cooler even before you start the ride. So, there is less need to turn on the a/c high and less need to step hard on the accelerator. Thus, you will consume less fuel and save up on money along the way.

Hope that helps!

Feel free to contact SSF with your questions!

Can you go live on you tube too I have no Facebook...

9 hours ago, quality tintz said:

Can you go live on you tube too I have no Facebook...

Unfortunately at the moment we do not have a youtube account and so we are unable to go live on youtube

But you are more than welcome to post your questions on this thread, we will be sure to answer as best we can!

Regards,

SSF