Dream ppf install bay

Ok, time to break out your wish lists. I have a 5m wide by 7m long area with a 2.8m high suspended ceiling in my business unit that is put aside for ppf installs. It currently has a mix of 10 x 45 watt 600x600 led 6000k panels and 12 x old 72 watt 600x600 fluorescent panels in the ceiling with 8 x 6ft fluorescent tubes mounted horizontally on the walls 4 each side with 2 at 1m and 2 at 2.3m. I am currently in the process of re fitting and will be looking to go all led, replacing the ceiling fluorescent panels with led's and wall fluorescent units with 1200mm x 300mm led panels. I fancy painting the walls and ceiling black and am wondering weather to mount the wall led panels horizontally or vertically. The floor is rough concrete at the moment so will need some attention as well.

I also have 4 Dunlop column lifts so getting the car off the ground is not a concern.

What would your dream ppf fitting bay consist of?

Steve

@highplains, quite agree about the amount of light needed and my walls and ceiling are white at the moment but when you start looking into detailing bays a lot of them are painting their walls dark colours as this supposedly stops the reflected light confusing what you are looking at. Gtechniq have recently invested a chunk of money on their flagship detailing studio and have gone the 'dark' route.

@drtint I have often thought about the paint booth route as well but having worked in a couple at paint shops I never really felt any benefit, and the constant noise of the fans did my head in.

Steve

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:18 AM, highplains said:

If it were me I would be looking at going bright white on the walls and ceiling as opposed to black. In my opinion and experience your work area can never be too bright. 

Exactly. White will reflect more light and make it much brighter. Black would be a bad idea. All the detail shops I work at have white walls and floors and it makes it much easier.

Edited by pro-tect mobile

Detailing and PPF installs are two totally different things. Detailing bays are painted in dark colours for two reasons. One, it helps to highlight swirls when using a focused light source, especially on lighter coloured cars. Secondly, it helps show high spots when installing ceramic coatings. For PPF, you want it brighter. I'd use a semi gloss white paint on the walls. 

Well thanks for all the reply's people and I have taken on board all your comments but you know when you have an itch that you just have to scratch...well black is mine. Worst case scenario is I have a lot of painting to do but I will report back on my findings.:painting

Steve