Dot Matricks

See what i did there? OK it's Monday. Any new tricks for making the Dot Matrix lay down better? Most recent i've heard is using X-100 mixed 50/50 with water as the slip solution and your problems with dot matrix and defroster line peanuts will be resolved. Anyone have any experience using X-100 this way or any other way? Any new tricks? 

1 hour ago, no ma'am said:

I use x-100, and dirt off. Works on some cars not so much others. Don't stress out about accord dots :lol those cars aren't worth the effort 

Do you use it for only cleaning or have you tried adding it to the slip for install? I've been hearing people using it for slip on difficult back glass. 

Edited by Tint Slayer

I am still using "pro-bond" adhesion promoter to wipe the dots and have excellent results.  I buy it from Fellers. 

I clean the back window with sprayway and 0000 steel wool then squeegee it off.  Fold a 1/2 paper towel down to make an applicator for the pro-bond.  Wipe the side dots then open it up a bit wider and wipe the top dot area. 

Have only had a couple complaints ever since I started using this over 15 years ago.  I don't do many hondas.....

18 hours ago, Ryker said:

I am still using "pro-bond" adhesion promoter to wipe the dots and have excellent results.  I buy it from Fellers. 

I clean the back window with sprayway and 0000 steel wool then squeegee it off.  Fold a 1/2 paper towel down to make an applicator for the pro-bond.  Wipe the side dots then open it up a bit wider and wipe the top dot area. 

Have only had a couple complaints ever since I started using this over 15 years ago.  I don't do many hondas.....

Can it be sprayed on? Does the slip being squeegee'd out remove the pro-bond?

pro bond melts plastic,  be careful.  tipped over in my box and melted some hard cards together.   cars where film wont stick to edge frit,  also works great.  crown vics, old stangs and many others.   squeegees do not clean between dots,  old cars or silicone from detailers prevent film from sticking.  little probond saves time not having to touch up finger later