Tinting Windshield with existing Glare Strip?

So, if the windshield already has a 5% brow at the top and you want to fill in the rest of the windshield with 50%, what is the best way to do it? I was wondering if you can just come up to the edge of the glare strip with the edge of the 50%. Or will it have a gap? Or should I just apply the 50% over the strip? But I've heard of problems doing it that way. Just wondering if there's a way to do this without having to remove the strip and redoing, then putting the strip on top of the 50%. 

Also, is 50% on the windshield safe? I know I definitely wouldn't go any darker. But, any lighter it seems like you get into the expensive ceramic films. 50% I guess is about the clearest you can get in standard film.

Thanks-

Edited by asdaven

I personally pull the strip and redo it. It's the best way to do it. If for some reason the customer does not want to remove the strip, ex. Stickers on inside. Then I'll just run it right past the strip about a 1/4 inch. There's going to be an air gap line across the shield but unless you want to pull the strip that's about as good as it gets. 

So, I take it running the edge of the 50% tint up to the bottom of the tint strip won't work? The bottom of the tint strip is a curved brow so it's a flat factory edge. I was just wondering it you could match that with the Factory edge of the 50% and cut out the sides and bottom to match. I was thinking it would make it modular so if you get busted for the 50% windshield, you can pull that off and still keep the 5% strip. If the 5% strip is still on top of the 50% then it would have to be all pulled off and strip redone. But I guess if it makes a light gap, then this is probably a no-go. Both are the same tint and thickness, just would be different shades. 

I bought my wife a 4Runner a couple of years ago that was tinted that way. Apparently it already had a strip and they tinted the shield right up to it. Looked awful to me. It’s way too easy to pull the existing strip. Then again it took me over an hour to remove a strip today. And I thought it was gonna be an easy day.