Bulldozer - best if any way to fix ?

I've never had a problem when I'm the only one using the tools, they last me for years. I find if you just make sure you keep them wet with every stroke, you'll never have an issue but he forgets to do that and has burned out a bulldozer in three months

On 12/19/2017 at 7:16 AM, TintWizard said:

I've never had a problem when I'm the only one using the tools, they last me for years. I find if you just make sure you keep them wet with every stroke, you'll never have an issue but he forgets to do that and has burned out a bulldozer in three months

Your worker may need to buy his own tools, then he'll make them last.

I think everyone should pay for their own tools and film and work straight commission.  tools will last longer and less film wasted.

Hourly or salary leads to unsustainable economics.  If everyone gets a raise every year, eventually you have to raise prices or buy cheaper film.  I had a 60/40 split with all the accounts I had for 11 years.  I got the same 60% and yet I got a raise every year.   No they did not raise prices either.   Had to train sales staff on products and good, better best system to increase average gross per delivery.  Studied other techniques and tools to see if the adaptation would increase speed or reduce redo's.

Sales is the highest paid hardest work or the lowest paid easiest work.  applies to tinters as well,  make as much money as you want.  On commission,  I don't care what I pay them, I do care what they make.  Actually for the owners out there.  you don't pay them.  sales pays the techs by booking work.  techs pay sales staff by doing the work.  whats left pays the bills and if they are good,  they pay the owner whats left over. 

10 hours ago, Tint Slayer said:

Your worker may need to buy his own tools, then he'll make them last.

On 12/20/2017 at 5:02 PM, shadytints said:

I think everyone should pay for their own tools and film and work straight commission.  tools will last longer and less film wasted.

Hourly or salary leads to unsustainable economics.  If everyone gets a raise every year, eventually you have to raise prices or buy cheaper film.  I had a 60/40 split with all the accounts I had for 11 years.  I got the same 60% and yet I got a raise every year.   No they did not raise prices either.   Had to train sales staff on products and good, better best system to increase average gross per delivery.  Studied other techniques and tools to see if the adaptation would increase speed or reduce redo's.

Sales is the highest paid hardest work or the lowest paid easiest work.  applies to tinters as well,  make as much money as you want.  On commission,  I don't care what I pay them, I do care what they make.  Actually for the owners out there.  you don't pay them.  sales pays the techs by booking work.  techs pay sales staff by doing the work.  whats left pays the bills and if they are good,  they pay the owner whats left over. 

Makes a lot of sense..Mechanics do it..Hauling there big tool boxes to wherever  hired them..

Chopped sides and duct just for peel prevention..Once the edges go this is my solution..I do have newer ones..but this extends the old guys life.I prefer it over it’s wider version.Just do this to the auto bulldozer not the flat glass..

DD5EF0F9-6715-4241-91CF-10B2BA3672D4.jpeg

923A17CB-C8C6-4A34-BAF6-B156FE5E55BE.jpeg