Anybody know of a company that will warranty illegally windows

I’m trying to spend money on quality film? How can I if they don’t reimburse me for using their product? Where is the quality in that. I have been using a cheap valiant Sirus film, that has no warranty, and i have been using it since 2012 and I’m just starting to see it’s effects 6 years later. At $$$ a 60” roll, I don’t mind redoing a car for free to keep my customers happy with my service.

I used llumar atr, atc, platinum plus, back in 2005-2012 when llumar was still lone star films, then lost contact with them for a month, their number didn’t even work, then soulitions happen to b the owner. I was redoing cars 6 years later. I know no film will last in the heat and humidity we have here in chocolate city! 

Quality should b standing behind your product no matter what the situation is.

Edited by Roach
edited out prices

I used atc when there wasn’t a c! Madico when miss jean used to drive her van in my region. Jhonson when they had glue issues, sun tech, solar gaurd, viper, I used a good bit of films bouncing around my area for the last 20 years. I worked for just about all shops in my area and know how they all are laid out for business. I know how all my competition tints. Even the new guys I go check them out the most. I make the name in my area! I am the name, not my film! Pay me!!!! Pay me in film I don’t care! Just show some faith in your product. After all these years, We can come up with metal, ceramic films, but we can’t figure out a way to pay our people for choosing us! Dam!

I'm not saying it's necessarily right but it happens 

https://www.windowfilmmag.com/2015/08/lawsuit-claims-tint-to-blame-in-fatal-hit-of-teen-jogger/

https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/do-tinted-windows-cause-car-accidents-59544/

There are a number of states that have laws on the books making the act of installing illegal film a crime. That means you as the installer and the business can be held liable. As far as insurance companies are concerned they will use any excuse possible to not pay out, if there's an illegal modification to the vehicle in question, like limo or double limo on front roll ups or full windshields, they can void the policy. 

They do stand behind their films and pay their warranty claims, when they're being used in a lawful manner. There's nothing wrong with a company expecting the people they do business with to be operating in a legitimate, legal manner. If you can't see that side of it I don't know what to tell you. I'm sure everyone wishes their manufacturer of choice would warranty any film issue regardless of the vlt no questions asked, but that's just not the way it is. That's with all manufacturers across the board. 

Getting sued is everyday in my neighborhood man. The funny thing people always forget is where’s the evidence, and can u plead your case. I’ll tint your car illegal, and give u a recipe. Whose to say I tinted your car illegally? How do I know u didn’t leave my shop, didn’t like the job, and went somewhere else to get it darker? There are a lot of variables in getting lawsuits, and getting around lawsuits. Do u think your film dealers lawyers can’t get them out of a lawsuit? Please! Tell it to the un wise. They hide behind the law. The law is no exscuse not to warranty a product! Period! 

When I first started out back in 1998 I worked for a hack shack! My tint was terrible, and all I wanted to do was alarms. But being the small shop we was, we did what we could! We was treated so many times about getting sued, I lost count. Did any body shop ever sue us, no they didn’t. I even took off my bosses mechanic’s finger when I didn’t install a hood pin switch on his remote start. I told my boss let me do it, but he was in a rush and said he didn’t need it. Mechanic couldn’t sue do to him not disconnecting the battery  before working on the vehicle. This happened 18 years ago. Every time I see the man I tell him I’m sorry. His kids went to school with mine, so u know how bad I felt to sit in church with him. But he always liked me and never blamed me for the incident.

How many times have u heard of dei remote start on a standard 5 speed jumping the curb and banging into another car? Did they not Warranty their alarms? No u know what they did? They put a warning label on it, and made the new alarms more compatible to a standard 5 speed. Did the Warranty go away? I don’t think so.

Has anybody ever herd of a lawsuit on a tint shop for doing someone’s tint to dark? I’m not talking about a fine, because the police decided to hack u up for the day, I’m talking about a real incident of a shop getting sued, for getting paid to put on dark film?