Tips for commercial tint noob

Hello everyone, so I've been doing window tint for cars for about 5 years now and have always turned down tinting commercial windows because thankfully I'm always busy. Yesterday a friend of mine asked me to tint his barber shop door and for the first time I said "f**k it". Is there any tips y'all would recommend for this noob? Any do's and don'ts will be highly appreciated. I must say I'm very excited to try something new. I have attached a picture of a similar door I'll be working on. 

Thanks in advance! 

use-your-windows-with-cut-vinyl-to-advertise.jpg

It's pretty straight forward really. You'll be best to reverse roll or drop it. I'm sure you can dig around here to find out how to do that. I personally use a five way tool to do the trimming. You'll likely need a Phillips head or Allen head to remove the door handle. DO NOT remove the seals on that as they are a pain to get back on.

It's pretty straight forward really. You'll be best to reverse roll or drop it. I'm sure you can dig around here to find out how to do that. I personally use a five way tool to do the trimming. You'll likely need a Phillips head or Allen head to remove the door handle. DO NOT remove the seals on that as they are a pain to get back on.

So when you’re using the five way tool to trim, does the blade go above or below the five way? Probably a stupid question lol. I’m trying to learn flat glass as well. Way too many people having been asking about it for me to ignore it much longer.

1 minute ago, Apex Tint said:

So when you’re using the five way tool to trim, does the blade go above or below the five way? Probably a stupid question lol. I’m trying to learn flat glass as well. Way too many people having been asking about it for me to ignore it much longer.

It'll run right beside as you're sliding down. The tip of my knife usually stays at the top 2 inches of the tool.

Yes exactly, I was wondering if the blade was on the seal side or glass side. Makes sense that’s it’s on the glass side to protect the seal. Thanks guys. Looking at purchasing some residential film from Express to get me started.

42 minutes ago, Apex Tint said:

Yes exactly, I was wondering if the blade was on the seal side or glass side. Makes sense that’s it’s on the glass side to protect the seal. Thanks guys. Looking at purchasing some residential film from Express to get me started.

The Delta dual reflective is rock solid. I've installed a bunch of it. The global ceramic drops like a boss and has a lot higher heat rejection. It's not listed on their site though so you'll have to call for that.