Windex only for wetting and application

2 minutes ago, HardyHarHar said:

Folks,

Being silly and giving quippy answers and all is fine and in fun.

But when you get serious and chastise a newcomer over asking questions...suggesting they are asking childish questions, and suggesting they should do a search first, when you haven't even checked to see what comes up in the search tool first......well, that's out of line in my opinion.

To answer your question, no there is nothing on search specifically about your question.  However, there are plenty of red flags on the search showing not to use Windex along with the reason why.  The reason nobody has talked about using it as a slip solution is because no tinter in the world would use Windex.  This is because of the Ammonia in it that can damage window tint.  Now if you search "slip solution" then you will get tons of answers along with solutions you can buy online if you don't feel like mixing your own.

1 minute ago, HardyHarHar said:

Sorry, I see no such "Red Flags" you mentioned

It is repeated over and over about Windex containing Ammonia...Google window tint/ammonia and you will see that is bad.  Also you will notice every single search result is about using Windex to REMOVE window tint...specifically the adhesive.  Then you ask if you can use Windex on the adhesive to make it slide around.

2 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

It is repeated over and over about Windex containing Ammonia...Google window tint/ammonia and you will see that is bad.  Also you will notice every single search result is about using Windex to REMOVE window tint...specifically the adhesive.  Then you ask if you can use Windex on the adhesive to make it slide around.

Nope.....I did a search on THIS forum and you agreed nothing came up in the search.

I Googled what came to mind...WINDEX + WINDOW TINTING and waded through a dozen or so places but none specifically said it was bad or not enough to confirm.

What you're saying isn't clearly spelled out in the information I found.   Rather than spend three days searching....I just asked.   Shoot me.

SO...I asked the question on the forum..

And got a Cyber Lynching over it.....

NOW that I've asked, the next noob will find it if they search...after seeing how many twits are on the forum first.  LMAO.  See how nice that is?

1 hour ago, HardyHarHar said:

Seems to bring all the clowns out

29 minutes ago, HardyHarHar said:

Please tell me not everyone is an intolerant assclown at this forum????

Is this forum based out of San Francisco?

18 minutes ago, HardyHarHar said:

Folks,

Being silly and giving quippy answers and all is fine and in fun.

But when you get serious and chastise a newcomer over asking questions...suggesting they are asking childish questions, and suggesting they should do a search first, when you haven't even checked to see what comes up in the search tool first......well, that's out of line in my opinion.

That becomes a personal attack that wasn't deserved.

Not deserved :hmmm     

If you can't handle the fact that you didn't search this site well enough before you started sounding like someone "trolling the pros" or sounding like some newbie installer who won't listen to the proper advise being given and just starts throwing out random, dumb sounding questions... then we can't help you.  

Try just a little harder on your search on here, not Google, and I am 100% sure you will find all of these questions answered.  

12 hours ago, HardyHarHar said:

Tomorrow morning I'll be applying new tint over existing tint and over factory tint.

Any problem with using Windex?

I've used it on both my cars and TBH, it went fairly easy and seems to have dried and adhered well.

Would liquid hand-soap and water be better?

I've heard the ammonia in windex causes some problems in some tints.

Don't use windex for slip. instead use Joy Non-Ultra or Dawn Simple Clean at the rate of 1 oz per gallon (or 8mls per liter) for slip. You can also use the same slip to clean the glass before install.

2 minutes ago, Bham said:

Not deserved :hmmm     

If you can't handle the fact that you didn't search this site well enough before you started sounding like someone "trolling the pros" or sounding like some newbie installer who won't listen to the proper advise being given and just starts throwing out random, dumb sounding questions... then we can't help you.  

Try just a little harder on your search on here, not Google, and I am 100% sure you will find all of these questions answered.  

WHAT???

Are not reading the posts above?  I DID search.

Another member already confirmed it DID NOT SHOW UP IN THE FORUM SEARCH.

Instead of all that bullshit and gymnastics...why not just answer the question?

5 minutes ago, Tint Slayer said:

Don't use windex for slip. instead use Joy Non-Ultra or Dawn Simple Clean at the rate of 1 oz per gallon (or 8mls per liter) for slip. You can also use the same slip to clean the glass before install.

THANK YOU !!!!:chuck

I knew there was a least one or two tolerant, knowledgeable tint pros at this forum 

You made it look easy.....like a BOSS

Edited by HardyHarHar