Where to start?

When doing a front bumper. Do you generally start in the middle and work toward the sides? Looking for tips on how to approach bumpers in general. If there it's a heavy curve or a sharp edge do you start there and stretch away from that area? Any words of wisdom would be awesome. Just trying to eliminate the stress a little. I get the jobs done but wondering if I'm missing a more efficient approach. Thanks

Are you bulk installing or comp cut? Makes all the difference in the world.
bulk, interior start. Comp cut, anchor outer edge first and follow the material
Im doing computer cut right now. I feel as though I should be doing bulk installs and want to. Could you elaborate on "anchor and follow the material" ? Wondering if I'm understanding you correctly. Really appreciate your feedback.

I disagree with drtint on the pattern side. I know from our design team's perspective they design the bumpers most of the time to be installed starting from the center. We also have a mapping system in place within the software to point out where to start and where to go. I would think a majority of bumper patterns would start from center and then move out but that is more so based on the drawer of the pattern itself. 

I disagree with drtint on the pattern side. I know from our design team's perspective they design the bumpers most of the time to be installed starting from the center. We also have a mapping system in place within the software to point out where to start and where to go. I would think a majority of bumper patterns would start from center and then move out but that is more so based on the drawer of the pattern itself. 
It makes sense. Seems some patterns if not all bumper patterns are designed with the need for stretching incorporated into the pattern itself. No one ever told me so I was not sure. Noticed the shapes fitting properly once stretched from the center. Ppf is a challenge. Each car is different and needs to be thought about. It's fun. Like more info about your company. Wondering what you offer? You could email me at joerajchel@gmail.con

Guess I missed something Jeff. I appreciate the disagreement but I think I said to anchor the sides and let the pattern lay and move the interior where needed so that sides are correct before laying down center. I am not so sure that someone new to this application would center material with success and not over stretch one side or the other without silvering or adhesive runs and failure. Been wrong before though.

thanks for the info 

Amendment to what I was saying. As PPF Distributing mentioned, I would say either way would bring the correct results and would be up to the comfort of the installers. I like to anchor sides first and some may be more comfortable anchoring from the center. Thanks

All depends on the car and how many installers are on the case. Usually if there is a badge in the middle then I would start from there, other times I will start from underneath a headlight and work left and right or even a wheel arch and go coast to coast. I guess what I am saying is there are no hard and fast rules. 

Steve

On 6/26/2018 at 8:59 PM, drtint said:

Are you bulk installing or comp cut? Makes all the difference in the world.

bulk, interior start. Comp cut, anchor outer edge first and follow the material

XPEL does not design patterns to install this way.  We intend for bumpers to be started at the centermost alignment point(s).  Often this is some combination of the tow hook, parking sensor, headlight, and radiator inlet.

I cannot speak for other pattern companies though.