Air 80 on Windshield?

Had 50% on the windshield but got pulled over for it. Got a warning for it. Dont have to pull it but I think I am. He said the dot matrix border gave it away plus it has a rainbow effect to it in some light.

Now if I pull it and have Air 80 applied, how noticable will it be? I'm concerned about the blue color of the Air 80 and it creating a border around the dot matrix even though its lighter. Also concerned about the same rainbow effect that the 50% had on the outside. Without sunglasses on. How clear is the Air 80? Is it grainy? 

The last option would be to pull the 50% and just go with a 5% AS1 line visor which is allowed here. The Air Blue is Not legal.

I have a 2017 F150 and the dot matrix on the windshield does not play kindly with tint. 

Thanks-

80 obviously is as noticable as what the 50 is but people that know it's there can see it. As far as law enforcement I don't think you'll have much of an issue as I've installed quite a bit of it. Those Ford's do suck with the matrix that they have. However one option may be too install the 80 then do a legal strip on top of that which would make it a little less noticable imo. I have it on my shield and I can see it but I don't think it's that obvious for ones that don't know. 

Agree totally with the adding the front strip idea.  It will help with the "illusion" that the windshield isn't tinted.  

The other problem you are going to have, no matter what you put on the windshield, is that any officer with a pair of polarized sunglasses on is going to be able to tell because of the way it looks.  They will be able to see you coming a mile away.  And what officer doesn't have on a pair of Costa's these days.  

8 hours ago, jh812 said:

That's the safest bet.

My original reason for tinting the windshield was to knock down glare and I dont think Air 80 does much with that. The IR blocking is nice but not my main concern. 50% tint helps but what I'm gonna do is do what I said with the glare strip  then go back and tint the back window darker. I find I get more glare coming from behind than head on actually. My front sides need to be darker too due to the glare from the side mirrors but I dont want to go any darker there. Being a truck/SUV though, the back window can be like 5% if I like.

Plus to get the full benefits of the ceramic front window tint...I'd have to tint the entire vehicle ceramic which the current tint is not. And if I'm dishing that amount of money, might as well get the vehicle ceramic coated, PPF, etc.

Edited by asdaven