Is llumar worth it?

If you like it then go for it. I've used global for going on 8 years now with no issues. Tried llumar and between scratching easy and not metering where I needed it to it just wasn't for me. The price definitely didn't help either. You do get some brand recognition but depending on where you're at that may or may not matter. Honestly it you're saying you want it for that 3m would be better. Everyone has heard of that whereas when I bought into llumar and mentioned it to the customers they'd never heard of it. I think @Ryker made the switch from them to global and @bhaus@Bham didn't you use it previously as well?

Can't delete the other name but @Bham

Edited by jh812

I have had no problems making the switch from Llumar to Global.  Global has been around just as long (if not longer ?) than Llumar, and is just as reliable.  Even if people do look up info on them, I have no problem with them doing so.  They will like what they find.  

As for the film itself... Global works, shrinks, looks, lasts,  costs, etc,,,,  the same as any film out there, so zero worries there.  I used some ASWF crap for a little while (big mistake).  I am happy with Global and will stick with them from now on more than likely.  

Edited by Bham

I had stupid issues with Llumar including film separated layers when I tried to pull the liner on some ATR film.  The CTX scratched if you look at it wrong.  I know another guy that is a die hard Llumar fan and he has had lots of issues with it.

I seen one car come back with adhesive failure that had about 5 year old ATR 05 on the rear.  Was a Mazda 626.  I used Film-on the entire time and have every since. I didn't get to cover the guy on warranty as I no longer used Llumar.  I had a relationship with Performance Films still but they would not give my store credit or film to cover the job....

I didn't use Llumar long, 2 years, but when I switched to Global I never looked back.  I could buy 3 40" rolls of Global for the cost of 2 40" Llumar!  No small change.  I also gained 10 to 15 minutes per car as I had less stupid little things to deal with..... $100 an hour makes that 10 to 15 minutes worth more than the film cost difference!