Have you used paint protection film on interior trim?

Hi all, I park my vehicle in a small narrow garage and as a result frequently hit the interior door panel with my shoe when entering/leaving the vehicle, leaving scuff marks. Generally I try to avoid but it sometimes happens. Has anyone applied PPF like Xpel (R4003 P or XPFCL6U1) to interior trim of a car? The trim is rough textured plastic like the dashboard. I'd like to put a few strips of PPF near that area so I won't have to worry about hitting it too much. My only concern is whether the adhesive will embed itself into crevices overtime and become difficult/impossible to remove in the future. Any experience with this latter issue? I know some people put it on the soles of their shoe if they are showing off expensive/rare shoes. Thanks.

My concern would be when it comes time to remove it... That stuff can pull paint off cars... I would imagine it would be able to pull the finish off a painted door panel as well. ...if it were me..I would just keep the door panel well armoralled and just wipe any boot mark off with a rag.

Edited by TomTint

On 11/30/2018 at 1:55 PM, TomTint said:

My concern would be when it comes time to remove it... That stuff can pull paint off cars... I would imagine it would be able to pull the finish off a painted door panel as well. ...if it were me..I would just keep the door panel well armoralled and just wipe any boot mark off with a rag.

Door panel doesn't appear painted, though. It's just basic plastic with roughened texture. 

On 12/1/2018 at 10:48 AM, Speed said:

th_IMAG1320.jpg

I put some vinyl on my doors and just replaced them after about 6 years and it didn't leave any crap on my door

Thanks. Your door pocket looks to be a smooth surface though, right?

On 11/30/2018 at 5:06 AM, drtint said:

Yes. Have installed it on a number of vehicles.

Even installed it 10 years ago on my Audi wagon and is doing great

Cheers

Nice, that's good to know. Is your door pocket the rough plastic texture or smooth plastic like what Speed posted up there?