18’ Callaway Edition Silverado

I took in a full PPF wrap on a $100k Silverado thinking my current software had the patterns, come to find out, they don’t 😡. So I’m having to bulk install the whole thing. I’ve gotten it all done, but saving the worst for last: the hood. It’s got more curves than Selma Hayek 😳.  Any ideas. I’ve got a steamer. I’m running close on film, so I’ve got one shot at it. 

This is the hood. Except it’s black 😩

When he scheduled it, I was so stoked to do a Callaway Silverado, I forgot to ask what color it was 😞🔫

B3853C06-417B-4FFB-AA37-F3DB73C52F89.png

And the dips in the hood are a lot deeper than what it looks like in the pic. I’m thinking start in the middle, get the rest of the wrap done, then steam the inserts, but then I have to worry about water running back under the front. Or, I could tack the middle down, work to the sides, dealing with each insert one at a time, then working the whole front afterwards??

all help appreciated. What’s bad is 2-3 years ago I did PPF all day every day. Now I just do it once in a while and you know how that goes. 

it's hard to tell the angle of the drop offs on the hood, but it looks like youre going to want to seem it at the top of those ridges.  I don't like seaming things, but when there is a defined body line to hide it on, sometimes the juice isn't worth the squeezee on a hood like this.

image.png.896c2907d43e92b2e8465e421afb65b9.png

I have never done one so I am just stating how I "think" I would go about it from the picture. I would start from the center and lay the film with out any stretch trying to work the film flat as I move outward. I wouldn't put any stretch on the film until I got to the flatter area around the edge. I know this will have a lot of fingers to work out but I don't think you could stretch the film and get it to stay down in the valleys that deep.One shot on a hod like that sucks. I would have a roll over nighted so you have a chance to redo it if you need to.