Cleaning windows

What's up everyone, hope you're all having a great day. I was tinting today and was thinking about using a separate solution for cleaning windows, I have always used a blade, white scrub or 0000 steel wool with my application solution. Do you guys use a separate solution to clean windows?

I use Joy Non-Ultra or Dawn Simple Clean for my slip, and Dawn 4x to clean windows, i also use Formula 409 on back glass then Dawn 4x. I also use different knives for different cuts. I'm sure someone can do an install with one of everything but i tend to overthink the chit out of everything. 

2 hours ago, Tint Slayer said:

I use Joy Non-Ultra or Dawn Simple Clean for my slip, and Dawn 4x to clean windows, i also use Formula 409 on back glass then Dawn 4x. I also use different knives for different cuts. I'm sure someone can do an install with one of everything but i tend to overthink the chit out of everything. 

Ha  Ha, overthinking , same here , it does weigh all options though :beer

19 hours ago, Tint Slayer said:

Nice, do you use the 409 right off the bottle and do you see a difference in the black glass? My main concern is the back glass lol

@TintNerdz213 I feel scrubbing back glass with the straight 409 helps clean better to make the film stick a little better, then the Dawn 4x and scrub again, then i make sure it's all dry after cleaning. i use one of those 3M tub and tile handled scrubbers for leverage when scrubbing, i just slap a white scrubby over the existing blue scrubber so i can re-use the handle, certain back glass i use 3M 000 synthetic steel wool instead of white scrubby. i always use the 000 synthetic steel wool and 409 to scrub the dot matrix. I use the Joy Non Ultra and Dawn Simple clean for slip because they're the gentlest dish liquid meaning less chance of adhesive abuse and that Dawn Simple Clean is amazing slip, i wouldn't use Dawn 4x for slip because of it's higher acidic cleaner content, but most pro glass cleaners use it for window cleaning, it works well for side glass, i don't use 409 on side glass.image.gif.80d34d4bc1dae845d15b0f56c152ea37.gifI'm not sure what exactly that i do is good or bad, i know it works for me.

image.png.539fed49b06496535ac3cc8052b18a97.png

image.gif

Edited by Tint Slayer

Ive used slip, dish soap in bottle and sprayway.  IMO sprayway is best for many reasons. No filling bottles, floats contamination and squeegee cleans better, and the film tacks better, since there is alcohol in it. It also breaks down some adhesives for removal like an adhesive remover does.