Am I tripping?

So, I just got my car tinted by a 5star rated shop. When I picked it up I noticed a few things that bothered me but decided to wait it out, let it dry and call Monday to advise there’s issues. I’ve had 3 cars tinted at another shop, never noticed any things that bothered me. I’ll post pictures, but my issues are: v shape separation on one small window but not the other, irregular adhesion to dot matrix, what appears to be scratches on glass/tint ( 2018 car new), and dust or bubbles. Maybe  I’m expecting too much, or I have been spoiled by a phenomenal shop previously. But the price range was the same ($250 after tax). Guess I’m just wondering if I’m being a picky a hole or I have legit gripes. 

2F091C0C-7B8D-495B-8274-2249F9255671.jpeg

734DD02C-8840-49CF-A8A2-12E086704DBD.jpeg

30488563-3C4D-4953-831C-61060ED2CC91.jpeg

E3D51886-0A93-42E7-A79D-151BE5031CA7.jpeg

93917694-3DC4-4DD1-91C6-825677A0F6C3.jpeg

Here is my :twocents. Are you being to picky? Yes and no. The dot matrix sticking in 2 little spots is over board. They look good to me. A tinter can't control that 100%. The dots them selves are inconsistent on cars most the time. Saying your car would not have scratches because it is a 2018 is not a good argument. It's more then likely over a year old now.  Take a trip around a car lot and look close at brand new cars and you will find scratches in the glass. Ford especially. Glass is being made so cheap now it gets scratches from the wind.Lastly darkening a window makes scratches stand out more. You may have not noticed when it was clear.Not saying they did not do it but ,saying because it is a 2018 means they did is not correct. The other stuff take back and see if they can do something about it. Remember though, every tinted car will have a sporadic dust spec here and there.

1 hour ago, Roach said:

Just curious why you didn't continue to use the other shop?  :chin

Moved, I now live an hour away from his shop without traffic. So the trip and being car-less for 4+ hours just didn’t seem like it was necessary. However in hindsight might have been. I chose the highest rated tinted from yelp in my area and it’s a LLumar select shop. I guess my thing is I’ve gotten tiny done before and did not notice any imperfections dust or otherwise so seeing them now causes me to question the installation 🤷🏼‍♂️

43 minutes ago, BiggDanger14 said:

Moved, I now live an hour away from his shop without traffic. So the trip and being car-less for 4+ hours just didn’t seem like it was necessary.

Fair enough. 

You'd be amazed at how many people get their cars tinted at a new place in order to save $10. So I was just curious why you didn't return. 

Just like with most businesses, they say the after care is where the good shine. If you're not happy, return and see what they offer to do. :thumb

There's a few spots that need to be touched up is all. The dot matrix is what it is, the silvering around the quarter glass is normal. Dodge glass is super soft and scratches very easily so no telling without pics. 

~ The speckled look in the back glass, between defroster lines can be attributed to air-borne contaminants. Some are better than others in avoiding these.

The black border lift is natural since film generally does not flex well enough to eliminate that type appearance (similar to laying a sheet of paper over the edge of another sheet. It creates an air tunnel at the overlap point where its unable to touch the surface). The dots do the same. The thickness of the material comprising each dot leads to suspending the film over the glass areas between each dot.

The dash line close to the bottom of the window in the one picture may be from a minor crease in the material during installation and may come out with a simple touch up. If not, it's a redo.

Finally rolled windows down to check top edge last night (tint was done Saturday mid day) there is a between 1/8th-1/16th space between film and window bevel. So I know I’m probably just a picky asshole, but the spacing isn’t even in places. I’ve always had it to the beveled edge before and add the other issues (there’s a hair or other contamination dead center low on on window) I think I’m going to ask for it to be refldone. Keep y’all posted I’ll go by after work and see what their suggestion is. If their unwilling to correct my issues is asking for removal and a refund reasonable?

52 minutes ago, BiggDanger14 said:

Finally rolled windows down to check top edge last night (tint was done Saturday mid day) there is a between 1/8th-1/16th space between film and window bevel. So I know I’m probably just a picky asshole, but the spacing isn’t even in places. I’ve always had it to the beveled edge before and add the other issues (there’s a hair or other contamination dead center low on on window) I think I’m going to ask for it to be refldone. Keep y’all posted I’ll go by after work and see what their suggestion is. If their unwilling to correct my issues is asking for removal and a refund reasonable?

What I would do if I were in your shoes not that this is a horrible job by any means but I would just ask them to remove it and refund. Carry it to the guy you know and trust to do the work. Be sure to tell him it was tinted before as well. Out of curiosity is he a bigger shop like this one or a one man show?