armolanusa.com
tintwiz.com
Patterns.3M
spacer
Sign in to follow this  
Guest sandrad

Micro scratches

Guest sandrad

I have just purchased a brand new car which has had its windows tinted. the problem i have is when the sun hits the windows on a certain angle generally in the morning or afternoon it looks like there are hundreds of tiny micro scratches some even look like they are v shaped it is very distracting to say the least I have cleaned the windows, I have even pulled the car over when they makes are visible i tried to clean them off but nothing seems to budge them could this be dust under the tint or something else ? and should i take it back to the tinter ........which will be a long trip as they are 800klms away :(

Low-angle haze from carbon or ceramic tint I would assume. If it is, that's something you would have to live with. Maybe someone owned it for a few days and got it tinted?

if it's scratched looking could be glass that was scraped with the wrong blade, or a dull blade, or a blade that caught something while scraping that made the edge bad and they kept scraping maybe the edge progressively worse, or a blade used when the glass has a coating a blade shouldn't be used on.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this