3 week old discolored car tint?

Guest nospint

Guest nospint

I bought some inexpensive eBay tint to try out tinting. This is more of a learning experience for me and I wanted to get some thoughts on why there's splotches and streaks.

I used a new spray bottle with Johnson baby shampoo and after about 3 weeks or so it has this discolored streak and a bunch of white dots all around and there's no lint or anything in them. I can't move the dots, it almost looks like the tint lost it's color on just those sections, I'm not sure if that's because I used too much or too little soap. Some of the tint looks like it came off at the edges but I assume that's probably from me using a plastic card and I had too much pressure around the edges.

I tried my best to get a picture but It can't seem to focus on just the streaks. Thanks in advance.

Pic: https://ibb.co/6JH98Ps

Guest nospint

Just to be clear, the scratches on the glass is unrelated to the tint, that's outside the glass and also there's very little areas with small spots that have dust but there are other that are bigger with no dust or lint in them and I can't figure out why.

If it’s what I’m seeing that your talking about that looks like welding slag on the glass. Not in the tint. If the car was repaired and the glass not covered when slag hits the glass it will either cause lump. Voids. Or discoloring in the glass and sometimes isn’t noticed until it’s tinted. 

Guest nospint

I'm talking about the faint white spots on the glass itself that look like smears. That window is tinted 50% but I tried another window at 20% and they both have white dots and streaks so I'm trying to figure out what's causing them.

Guest nospint

I'm sure it's not welding slag but If you think it's the window maybe I should remove the tint and cut a small piece and tint just that area and see if it shows?

On 11/3/2019 at 9:45 PM, Guest nospint said:

inexpensive eBay tint

That could very well be a reason for why its how it is. 

Nothing good is cheap, and nothing cheap is good. That's just the way things are in life. The bottom line is regardless of what they claimed they sold you, you have no idea what is really is. There is so much junk out there..... 

Hard to judge something when there are so many unknowns when it comes to the product. IMO

I remember I used a sample roll of a cheap film a company sent me (I won't name names) and a customer came in wanting the cheapest job that I could give them. I said hey, I can use this sample roll (no warranty) for X amount. I used it and it has somewhat of what you are describing. They did disappear a few weeks later as the tint dried as I followed up with the customer and asked. 

Guest nospint

I know for a fact that the color chipping off while trying to get the bubbles out is probably because it's cheap but the loss of color looks like it might be something else, I just retinted with less soap and a new bottle so I'll update once it sits in the sun for a few days. I squeegeed out most of the bubbles and water but I left some spots with water bubbles in a small section, I'm thinking that might be why the tint lost its color the 1st time? I don't know but I marked the area so we'll find out.

Guest nospint

Just an update, I have no idea what caused those issues earlier. this one came out better minus all the dust and lint that I can never seem to get rid of. I'm assuming the soap was probably contaminated with something before, either that or the old spray bottle was.