Hey guys not sure if this is the right place to put this topic in but hi 👋🏼, so I’m looking at gettin my 2018 Elantra re tinted. Acquired the car about 3 months ago, from what it looks like it did have tint all around some light shade type because there is glue residue on the front two windows where it ticks into the top rubber seal strip. I’ve gotten some quotes from different people couple of them are mobile tinters and the rest have small shops. I’ll list them below. 
Closest tinter to me quoted me $250 in Avery Dennison film nano ceramic. Couldn’t really find much info on that film on here. Is it good?

next shop quoted me $190 in maxpro carbon series I’ve read up on it and looks like the reviews for for are 50/50 good and not so good.

a mobile tinter uses global but not sure which line of global film but the fact that he’ll come to me and do it for $200 flat is nice. And lastly this shop uses Johnson window films and he’s at the same $250 price. I’m in SoCal and the summers are brutal and leather interior isn’t fun 😅 guess what I’m asking to not drag this on much longer is which would be the best choice as far as brand wise on the films I’ve listed thanks for any feedback 

Welcome!  It really comes down to who is going to do a better job.  I personally would never choose a mobile tinter since a clean installation is never guaranteed.  There are plenty of good mobile tinters, but it depends on if they are installing in a controlled environment like a garage or are they outside.  I would check reviews and maybe visit the shops to see any work and to get an overall feel for them.  As far as the film options, Global will probably the best route...I am sure he is doing the first level QDP.  Maxpro has plenty of failures out there, so...

Edited by DynamicATL

4 hours ago, DynamicATL said:

Welcome!  It really comes down to who is going to do a better job.  I personally would never choose a mobile tinter since a clean installation is never guaranteed.  It depends on if they are installing in a controlled environment like a garage or are they outside.  I would check reviews and maybe visit the shops to see any work and to get an overall feel for them.  As far as the film options, Global will probably the best route...I am sure he is doing the first level QDP.  Maxpro has plenty of failures out there, so...

The mobile tinter guy yea he’ll be using my garage To do the tint job. I’ll just clean it a day before the job sweep it/blow out all the dirt sweep it again. If he’s using the global film first level qdp would that be an alright film? He’s offering lifetime warranty. So maxpro I should stay away from? 

Guest 1 Touch Tint

I myself do a lot of mobile work. I have shops that I do installs for and I also will go to people’s homes / businesses but only if they have a garage / controlled environment. I have tinted outside a handful of times and it’s just overall a recipe for a not so clean install. More air movement basically means more contamination in the air. If the tinter is using your garage and has a reputable reputation then I would give him a shot. Also, I personally love Global QDP. It’s a very solid film and you also won’t break the bank. But like DynamicATL said, get a receipt with the roll # just in case anything would happen. Best of luck 👍

20 minutes ago, Guest 1 Touch Tint said:

I have tinted outside a handful of times and it’s just overall a recipe for a not so clean install.

Yep.  This is why we stopped tinting large commercial vehicles if they do not fit into our bay.  It was a crap shoot if the job was going to be good or not.

On 12/7/2019 at 3:17 PM, 1 Touch Tint said:

Must  have forgotten to login on my last reply 🤦🏻‍♂️ But anywho $200 in Global QDP is a good price. If the guy is a good installer then you have yourself a nice deal 

I got quoted $250 for global Qdp ceramic Dudes a Mobile tinter my buddy got his sti done in 20% ceramic this weekend and that installer did a clean job from what I seen. Think the $250 for ceramic global is a good deal?