Bad ppf and tint job? Help!

So I’m going to try and keep this short but I am hoping others with more experience than me can give me some advice on how to proceed. 

I own a 2022 Golf R and recently took it into a  shop that had good reviews to get the full front wrapped in ppf and to have tint done. Let me start off by saying I’m not trying to bash the installer as he’s the owner of the shop and actually a really down to earth guy. However, I was pretty unhappy with how the ppf job turned out. There are visible edges that are lifted and not layed down and areas around the sensors that the ppf is either mis aligned or they totally forgot to cut out the ppf around the sensor. There are bubbles throughout the film and along with the other issues the installer said that he would like to see the vehicle back in 2 weeks and most of these issues should resolve itself or can be touched up during that time. My issue is I do not think these are issues that can be resolved and are due to lack of experience. At this point I’m wondering if I should ask for a refund and have him tear it off or let him see if it can be fixed. I’m really leaning more towards asking for a refund and finding another shop. Also there is a gap in the Windshield where the tint was applied and was informed they did that because that corner has sensitive electronics and they did not want to risk getting water in the corner. Not sure how true that is, does not sound right or me. 

Overall I don’t think the job looks god awful but for $2000 I expect perfection. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

DDA74C7E-32A5-4834-85CE-919CD494F953.jpeg

A3A58BC6-21A4-4511-8AB8-E2E2AB6843E3.jpeg

775E05F7-E4E0-40D6-A6CF-32F973243D69.jpeg

41D7C218-E99B-475E-AD7A-8184D8E5567C.jpeg

97B05E85-FC03-42EF-BC17-176349EB15DA.jpeg

EBF2F8F3-690B-40A8-9946-AE5B8E4606F8.jpeg

2855B7D9-5B92-409E-8397-1C717E1A2F67.jpeg

793E239B-3621-4714-98FC-34AAEB3309F5.jpeg

C5DB89AE-15EB-4E2D-9F22-E1C2242C6455.jpeg

68B3ECB2-1323-4B47-916E-C912BF854AAD.jpeg

1C9A1CFB-9D73-47AA-BB67-EDA8B1B2EB31.jpeg

E52A9180-7064-40DC-BADF-50539B697D68.jpeg

946E6F60-9CE6-48D1-BB66-8D420657D086.jpeg

If this is the work that the owner allows to leave his shop I would be asking (demanding, actually) a refund.  I would make sure to be there when the PPF is removed because I would put money of it that there is cut paint in more places than one.  Seeing this kind of workmanship makes my blood boil.  As far as the tint goes,  I would maybe give them one more shot at making it right but I wouldn't have very high expectations.   Sorry to be a Debbie downer but I hope there is no damage to the paint and I hope you are able to get this all fixed.

The 2nd last pic is the PPF...again, not installed correctly.  All the little white specks are dust.  Literally looking over your pictures shaking my head.

Edited by Darkimag22

3 hours ago, Dak5679 said:

Also would like to know if anyone knows what  is causing the 2nd to last image on my paint(driver side hood). Is that ppf or improper application of a ceramic coating? 

Looks like an alcohol burn in the glue. That can happen when lifting the film too many times or not getting good adhesion and trying to reset the position.

This whole job is one more example of why not to trust a plotter cut pattern unless you're running multiples and can adjust in the software after a few screw ups.

The installer may have been a nice guy on day one, now you'll get to test his integrity.

It's a shame that techs aren't trained in hand cut and bulk installs like they used to be. Now any live body with a plotter can be a "pro". 

Thank you everyone for your input, it is greatly appreciated. I spoke with the owner and he agreed to refund the money for the ppf job. I just hope you guys are wrong about there being a high chance of paint damage underneath 😪.  I go in next week for him to remove it. 

1 hour ago, Darkimag22 said:

If this is the work that the owner allows to leave his shop I would be asking (demanding, actually) a refund.  I would make sure to be there when the PPF is removed because I would put money of it that there is cut paint in more places than one.  Seeing this kind of workmanship makes my blood boil.  As far as the tint goes,  I would maybe give them one more shot at making it right but I wouldn't have very high expectations.   Sorry to be a Debbie downer but I hope there is no damage to the paint and I hope you are able to get this all fixed.

The 2nd last pic is the PPF...again, not installed correctly.  All the little white specks are dust.  Literally looking over your pictures shaking my head.

Thanks for the tips. I didn’t even think to have him remove it and watch for any damage. I was just fed up and was going to pay another  shop to remove it. 

I Would also think I’m probably SOL if there is any damage because it’d be pretty hard to prove that it was caused by the install

Edited by Dak5679

It's a brand new car...if there are ANY cut marks it's on the installer 100%.  As far as proving it...any reputable shop would fix what they f%cked up (then again any reputable shop would not allow a hack job like this).  I would look very closely at all seams and edges as cuts on darker paint will not be hard to see if there are any (which I really hope there isn't).  Good luck man.