Marks on inside of window after tint removal (NOT ADHESIVE!)

Hi everyone. Sorry for the bad pics I hope you can see what I’m referring to but I just got done removing tint and adhesive from my car and have these white marks (streaks) left on it. The marks are on the inside of the window and it is NOT adhesive! I already got all of the adhesive off the window and I know this isn’t adhesive because non of my removers work to get it off like it did the adhesive and it isn’t sticky.. lol! I’m referring to the streaky lines, not the pollen/ dust that’s on the exterior of my car window. 

Please tell me what these marks are and how to get them off. Thanks! 

B4C65787-410C-4BF0-B3A8-8C6ECBA8B6D1.jpeg

EFC7CA38-ABBC-4EE4-A883-4847C30C512A.jpeg

6048D6C8-9FAE-4E84-A596-5F611310F169.jpeg

Edited by Furmamma17

Those are on the inside?

Since they are all parallel and follow the direction the window rolls up, I would guess that something abrasive got between the door flap and the glass, rolling up and down then caused the scratches.

The tint was covering it making it unnoticeable.

29 minutes ago, TintDude said:

Those are on the inside?

Since they are all parallel and follow the direction the window rolls up, I would guess that something abrasive got between the door flap and the glass, rolling up and down then caused the scratches.

The tint was covering it making it unnoticeable.

Yes they are on the inside. For some reason I couldn’t get a good photo from the inside only the exterior but they’re for sure on the inside glass. 

I hope I replied correctly 

I had similar marks after I removed the tint on my Jetta GLI. Maybe it is adhesive residue, but not the sticky kind and more so stains from the adhesive that it left behind. 

I used a glass polish and it fixed it right up. It took a lot of elbow grease, and plenty of re-applications, but I finally got it off before I had the windows re-tinted. Here is what I used.

https://www.amazon.com/Griots-Garage-11017-Glass-Polish/dp/B004UQQNZG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=griots+fine+glass+polish&qid=1659305884&sprefix=griots+fine+%2Caps%2C98&sr=8-1

Good luck! and sorry :/

37 minutes ago, Aone16 said:

I had similar marks after I removed the tint on my Jetta GLI. Maybe it is adhesive residue, but not the sticky kind and more so stains from the adhesive that it left behind. 

I used a glass polish and it fixed it right up. It took a lot of elbow grease, and plenty of re-applications, but I finally got it off before I had the windows re-tinted. Here is what I used.

https://www.amazon.com/Griots-Garage-11017-Glass-Polish/dp/B004UQQNZG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=griots+fine+glass+polish&qid=1659305884&sprefix=griots+fine+%2Caps%2C98&sr=8-1

Good luck! and sorry 😕

Awesome. Thanks so much for the reply! Sorry you had to deal with the same issue…

did you use a polishing tool or just literal “elbow grease”? Haha! 

thanks again :) 

Edited by Furmamma17

Just now, Furmamma17 said:

Awesome. Thanks so much for the reply! Sorry you had to deal with the same issue…

did you use a polishing tool or just literal “elbow grease”? Haha! 

thanks again :) 

You're welcome! That polish and a microfiber towel/handheld polishing pad. I suppose if you have a small orbital polisher you could try that, but my results came out well by just hand polishing. It took a little while longer, but I got the windows looking good eventually.

There's no guarantee that this will get it out for sure, but I am pretty optimistic for you. These marks look like staining or some residue left behind by the tint. Almost like water spotting when some hard (pH) water lands on your paint and dries. This polish advertises that it takes out water spots or baked in contaminants to glass, as well as LIGHT swirls and scratches.

16 hours ago, Aone16 said:

You're welcome! That polish and a microfiber towel/handheld polishing pad. I suppose if you have a small orbital polisher you could try that, but my results came out well by just hand polishing. It took a little while longer, but I got the windows looking good eventually.

There's no guarantee that this will get it out for sure, but I am pretty optimistic for you. These marks look like staining or some residue left behind by the tint. Almost like water spotting when some hard (pH) water lands on your paint and dries. This polish advertises that it takes out water spots or baked in contaminants to glass, as well as LIGHT swirls and scratches.

Thank you so much for this comment. Gives me hope. I ordered what you suggested so hopefully I can work on it and get them out before I get it re tinted! Fingers crossed!! 

Okay, I gotta chime in and ask,,, how did you remove the old film?  

If you spray the glass with Windex and scrape it with a single edge razor blade, any left over residue should come of the window with no problems.  Anything left after using a razor blade is going to be some sort of damage to the glass in my opinion.  

Also in my opinion, if you use a buffing compound like what you are ordering, you run a very strong chance of changing the glass and making it wavy and blurry.  You must be very careful when using any type of abrasive compound on glass.  It will mess it up rather easily if done incorrectly.