Marks on inside of window after tint removal (NOT ADHESIVE!)

On 7/31/2022 at 4:18 PM, Furmamma17 said:

Hi everyone. Sorry for the bad pics I hope you can see what I’m referring to but I just got done removing tint and adhesive from my car and have these white marks (streaks) left on it. The marks are on the inside of the window and it is NOT adhesive! I already got all of the adhesive off the window and I know this isn’t adhesive because non of my removers work to get it off like it did the adhesive and it isn’t sticky.. lol! I’m referring to the streaky lines, not the pollen/ dust that’s on the exterior of my car window. 

Please tell me what these marks are and how to get them off. Thanks! 

B4C65787-410C-4BF0-B3A8-8C6ECBA8B6D1.jpeg

EFC7CA38-ABBC-4EE4-A883-4847C30C512A.jpeg

6048D6C8-9FAE-4E84-A596-5F611310F169.jpeg

I feel like this is a German car. Porsche and Mercedes won’t use felt. It works great and doesn’t create these issues. Don’t tell that to Hans or Franz someone will be shot in the courtyard at dawn. Probably needs felt added to the window sweeps. They scratch their own glass before tint often. Audi has this disease too. :murica 

12 hours ago, no ma'am said:

I feel like this is a German car. Porsche and Mercedes won’t use felt. It works great and doesn’t create these issues. Don’t tell that to Hans or Franz someone will be shot in the courtyard at dawn. Probably needs felt added to the window sweeps. They scratch their own glass before tint often. Audi has this disease too. :murica 

Lol!! Yes- it’s a Mercedes! You know your stuff 😆 sad that they don’t add felt if this is a common issue. 

On 8/1/2022 at 12:07 PM, Bham said:

Okay, I gotta chime in and ask,,, how did you remove the old film?  

If you spray the glass with Windex and scrape it with a single edge razor blade, any left over residue should come of the window with no problems.  Anything left after using a razor blade is going to be some sort of damage to the glass in my opinion.  

Also in my opinion, if you use a buffing compound like what you are ordering, you run a very strong chance of changing the glass and making it wavy and blurry.  You must be very careful when using any type of abrasive compound on glass.  It will mess it up rather easily if done incorrectly.  

I removed the old film using the trash bag method :) it actually worked fantastic and removed the film entirely but left about 10% of the adhesive behind (not in the area that the marks are, on the edges). The remaining small bit of adhesive I did remove with windex and a stainless steel razor blade. 

these marks are on the inside of the window and definitely not adhesive. Almost seem like permanent damage / etching in the glass? I definitely don’t want to mess up my windows more with a buffing agent- scary!! 

1 hour ago, Furmamma17 said:

I removed the old film using the trash bag method :) it actually worked fantastic and removed the film entirely but left about 10% of the adhesive behind (not in the area that the marks are, on the edges). The remaining small bit of adhesive I did remove with windex and a stainless steel razor blade. 

these marks are on the inside of the window and definitely not adhesive. Almost seem like permanent damage / etching in the glass? I definitely don’t want to mess up my windows more with a buffing agent- scary!! 

Excellent. Do a little more investigating on the marks,,,  If you can actually feel these marks with your fingernail, then leave them alone and decide whether to replace the glass or re-tint and live with it.  A scar on the glass like that will not be fixed with the buffing compound and you will blur the crap out of a glass trying to remove that much damage.  Never going to work.  

I'll chime in here that I've had very good luck using glass polish to remove haze like that. @Bhamis correct that any scratches you can catch your fingernail in are too deep to polish out but surface level haze clears up beautifully. Ive never had distortion issues with the glass I've polished and I get aggressive and use a 3" rotary air polisher with Rayon pads and Ceriglass compound. It's important to keep in mind that you can do damage if you stay in one spot and focus too much in one area. Here's a before and after on a Dodge Ram window I did

Screenshot_20220803-100710_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220803-100738_Gallery.jpg