Questions on recent install

As a fellow Tesla owner, I would have it removed and get a refund. If they let that job leave the shop, there is absolutely no hope for them. Personally, I would never go to a shop that uses a plotter since the chances of gaps are pretty high. Also, many plotter shops will use more inexperienced tinters since the plotters due all the cutting. This way, they save money by paying them less while profiting more from the customer. Do not get me wrong; there are good tint shops that use plotters. Some even resize the pattern to make it longer to trim the top edge for minimum gaps. There are just more bad shops than good ones, which can honestly be said about the whole tint industry.

To answer your questions...

1) BS. Many vehicles have frameless doors; this is not a Tesla thing or uncommon.

2) BS. Glass on newer vehicles will be very close to matching, if not identical. This is only an issue on older vehicles where some glass may have been replaced with aftermarket or the rubber seals have warped.

3) I've never seen a plotter have jagged cuts like that, but our personal experience with plotters is limited. I assume they need to replace the blade cause that doesn't make sense.

4) I do not understand shops that do not tint the full rear glass on the TM3. It is sad that shops actually do this. I assume they do not have a 60" plotter to cut a large enough piece for the whole glass. If you call a shop and they ask you if you want to do half the rear window, I would hang up.

Edited by DynamicATL