As the director of accessories for a new high end new luxury dealership in Atlanta GA,  Buckhead, for 17 years, we handle all our accessories in house. We are at the end stage of our new tint center being completed. We have a great tinter that we have sublet all to. We have decided to partner with Eastman films and their products. My installer has proposed the following for labor. Keep in mind, my goal is to have all labor in house as flat rate with existing employees( someone from detai, etc) 

1 window 30

2 window 60

5 windows 130

7 windows 140

9 window 150

11 window 170

Single sunroof  30

Full pano 80

Visor 20

Back glass 120

Windshield 80

FILM REMOVAL

Sedan 250

Suv 350

1 roll up 30

Back glass 120

Windshield 80.00

Film removal can always be done by my detail shop

Also.. how does flat rate work on install.. or do any of you operators have a volume tier. 

We plan on preloading 100 to 150 units per month once we have all in place with our plotter. Etc.

Also if I assign an assistant to handle this department a pay plan ? 

REMEMBER WE ARE SUPPLYING FILM AND ALL EQUIPMENT TO INSTALLER 

Kevin

Some more info would be helpful. If you're doing 9 or 11 window Audi/BMW I think that might be a little lean. 1 through 7 windows looks about right for higher end work.

80 to remove a windshield might be fair depending on who is insuring for any damage. I wouldn't want to be liable personally because of all the exposed modules, etc.

An assistant, I would expect to pay 50k yr +any production bonuses if he can get the keep the volume up consistently. That position looks like an expence until its not filled. Compensation needs to be reasonable for that area and to prevent turnover. 

That's my 2¢.

Dano.. what info do you need? I am more than welcome to provide. 

In film removal. This would be provided to current clients. Example; we install 35% on windshield and they decide darker later and a customer pay. We already have a policy we do not remove film from a car unless we installed and a warranty or a change.We are higher end than Audi and BMW. Thanks for input appreciated. In past we pay installer for all.. Mark it up and done.. 

My question was directed at the makes and models and if the door panels need to be removed. On some cars it's required. Others maybe not if your installer is on point, but it's always good practice for top tier results if you're servicing the top of market. I think you answered my question without saying anymore.

I think your structure looks very fair for a top level tech who can handle the inventory correctly and consistently.

I would backstop it by having a good quality control inspector, who knows film, to prevent any warranty claims before the job leaves the building and send it back into the bay before the next one gets started.

Once again, just my 2¢. 

Being that you are in the Atlanta area, in my opinion your prices are too low.  I don't know many reputable shops that will touch a 4 door car for under $200.  That being said I would check your area prices at the other shops and match up as close as you can.  I might be wrong but I think if you will call around to some of the shops you want to compete with or be compared to and you will find that you might be selling yourself short.  $80 for a windshield is crazy.  $20 for a front strip will end up pissing off your installer more than anything else.  Sunroof and Pano prices are also way to low. 

No ceramic film options ??  I would at least have one upgrade film option or you will lose clientele to the shops that do. 

You can usually have a general price list but are also going to have adjust for more difficult vehicles. Tinting a Camry and tinting a BMW or Audi for the same price is just not correct.  Difficulty of install affects the price of the job.  Not all windshields and rear glass will be easy to shrink and you have to adjust for this or lose money on the back end.  Trying to price by number of windows is going to bite you in arse in the long run.  Not all windows are the same size and there is different difficulty from front doors to back doors to stupid little triangle windows in the A-pillars and so on etc.  

If you are supplying everything then you should probably consider a commission pay rate of some sort.  This person could still do other jobs at an hourly pay rate and still have a commission on tint jobs. Just can't see paying an hourly rate for tint because some jobs are going to take way longer than others.  

Edited by Bham

@bham

Those rates are for labor only. Not material. These were submitted by my installer we use now. He does great work with minimal comeback. What is your input on labor if a comeback from install? Garbage in tint, finger in film? We pay nothing for him to replace? Warranty we would pay. 

These are what he submitted, not what I came up with on prices. I appreciate the great input!! 

Okay, my apologies. Not sure how great my input was. :heh 

I do understand now and I also realize I was really long winded for not much reason at all. :blah 

I will respectfully bow out of this one and learn something instead.  

I have always been a commissioned tint installer until I was self employed and I do not have any experience in the pre-load game. 

Edited by Bham

4 hours ago, Bham said:

Being that you are in the Atlanta area, in my opinion your prices are too low.  I don't know many reputable shops that will touch a 4 door car for under $200.  That being said I would check your area prices at the other shops and match up as close as you can.  I might be wrong but I think if you will call around to some of the shops you want to compete with or be compared to and you will find that you might be selling yourself short.  $80 for a windshield is crazy.  $20 for a front strip will end up pissing off your installer more than anything else.  Sunroof and Pano prices are also way to low. 

No ceramic film options ??  I would at least have one upgrade film option or you will lose clientele to the shops that do. 

You can usually have a general price list but are also going to have adjust for more difficult vehicles. Tinting a Camry and tinting a BMW or Audi for the same price is just not correct.  Difficulty of install affects the price of the job.  Not all windshields and rear glass will be easy to shrink and you have to adjust for this or lose money on the back end.  Trying to price by number of windows is going to bite you in arse in the long run.  Not all windows are the same size and there is different difficulty from front doors to back doors to stupid little triangle windows in the A-pillars and so on etc.  

If you are supplying everything then you should probably consider a commission pay rate of some sort.  This person could still do other jobs at an hourly pay rate and still have a commission on tint jobs. Just can't see paying an hourly rate for tint because some jobs are going to take way longer than others.  

1 hour ago, Bham said:

Okay, my apologies. Not sure how great my input was. :heh 

I do understand now and I also realize I was really long winded for not much reason at all. :blah 

I will respectfully bow out of this one and learn something instead.  

I have always been a commissioned tint installer until I was self employed and I do not have any experience in the pre-load game.