Recuring dreams

This is more for me than anything because I'd like to understand. I got a little insight from BS's post as alot of my dreams take place in a school.

Often my dreams will take place in

Ventura (where I spent my teens) in a building that is a combination of at least 5 other bulidings.

Building one is a two story apartment bulding I was in in my early teens, building 2 is the "Bard hospital" a historical building one block from building 1 set on a steep hill and very spooky looking.

Building 3 in the first room I had when I moved (was kicked out) from home at 17. A Flea bag 2 story hotel that you cpuld rent rooms by the day, week, or month. Not the best place for a naive 17 year old nerd.

Building 4 is a high rise, at least 100 stories tall. Ususally a block or so from building 1.

Ventura is a very hilly town, so all of the streets are very steep and sureal.

Usually in the tall building I'm riding in the elevator, which some how allways stops at an entirely different building like the courthouse or the mall.

The mall is a whole other dream, usually I'm there after hours and in the basement or something.

School dreams, allways school dreams. Usually at my junior high school, some how they connect with a grocery store and a thrifty store, not sure how but mostly about the school and being lost.

Also have dreams about going to Mexixo on a long road trip and being familiar with the area, and having trouble at the border/ vehicle.

The most profound theme I have is of a mansion, a very large house, that somehow I own, but not yet, right now it belongs to someone else, but eventually it is mine. Many rooms and places and times, if that makes any sense.

Also, I have many dreams about the beach and broken piers, I know what these mean. They mean the end of the world, literally the edge of the earth. They are a constant in my dreams.

Well, that's just skimming the tips of the iceburgs.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot to add that when inside the buildings they are usually collapsing or about to collapse. I can't help but think this has something to do with my preoccupation of the end of the world.

Guest FloridaTintChic

TTS

Keep some mylanta buy your bed,so you dont get sick to your stomach!! When I have a scary one its about me and my 2 kids 11 and 5 and I'm helping us get out of something ,like were getting robbed or one of them is getting kidnapped.Im shitting my pance and then I feel lk eim going in a roller coaster I feel it in my stomach an di wake up.I used to have a dream book ,I'll have to dig it out and check on this.

So what does this mean?

Guest DixieGraphics

I did a paper on dream interpretation. its weird how much sense the interpretations make. I have a book on it at home somewhere.

I used to dream of falling and I'd wake up before I hit the ground, but I haven't had that one in a while.

and for awhile I dreamed I was trying to hit someone but my punches never landed, like I was swinging at air or something. It was rarely the same person, just the frustration every time.

Archived