How much grace time to give

I had this happen a couple of times. What is an acceptable time to decide they aren't coming and do something else? I'll give 30 minutes and I won't call to remind them, I'm not a baby sitter. I stay busy enough that I can fill the spot or knock off early and go fishing. Just wanted to see what you guys and girls thought.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I give them five minutes then I fill their spot.

J/K 30 mins is sufficient. I love when it happens they show up 30 min late and I have already put one in their spot and tell them it won't be out till later or better yet they are going to have to reschedule.

I had this happen a couple of times. What is an acceptable time to decide they aren't coming and do something else? I'll give 30 minutes and I won't call to remind them, I'm not a baby sitter. I stay busy enough that I can fill the spot

exactly how I see it :spit

I'm like the Soup n@zi (Seinfeld) "Your Late ! No Tint For You! Back Of The Line!

j/k...I'm with all the above 30min grace, then I fill the spot or hook my business line to the cell ,walk across the road, jump in the boat and go fishin' :spit

Guest High Octane Tinting

I give 10 minutes if they don't call me. I think thats more than fair seeing that everybody and their brother has a cell phone now. Besides I already work 60 hours a week at my other job, I don't have time for tardiness. :spit

30 minutes is very acceptable. If someone calls I will let them know I have a possible no show and take thier name and #. If I have a walk in and it is 20 minutes...close enough (sold!) Money in the shop is a whole hell of a lot better than money maybe on the way :spit!

TTC :spit

Guest thetintshop

15 minutes. tops.

if it's summer, and I'm busy, and you're 5 minutes late, your spot is more than likely gone.

if you have an appointment for a 4 door car, and a truck comes in before you get here, your spot is gone no matter what time you show up. I just tell the customer "I'm running behind".

I'm not ever letting a customer leave that wants their windows done right then unless I'm in the middle of one. or I'm into a good discussion on TD.com. :spit

Archived