$20 Cut-Table.

I just finished my cut table and it works better than I could have imagined. Best part about it, I spent less than $25 to make it.

Saved the old drafting table from the dumpster, kept my eye out for a piece of glass big enough for it (this took the longest), bought the aluminum angle from a surplus lot, used leftover screen moulding for the roll handler slides, a couple of slitted/notched film cores/end caps, and a little bit of double sided tape and screws.

Works for any size roll up to 36". There are notches in the cores for different width rips. I am going to add a roller on the top edge for longer rolls in the future. Thought I'd share it. :thumb

DSCN2425.jpg

DSCN2414.jpg

DSCN2409.jpg

DSCN2395.jpg

DSCN2393.jpg

DSCN2386.jpg

Do you use that instead of a peel board

Not as much. I've got two 6' x 6' peel boards so I've got plenty of glass space. I'm moving around the shop and I don't have them both up, so it is getting some peel action at the moment.

that blade doesn't look very safe...other then that..nice idea.

Yea unfortunately I couldn't come up with a versatile way of slitting without it being too cumbersome. The blade slides in easily and locks in the notch so I just pull it after each slit, chop the length and throw it in a dish. This is about as safe as it gets for me.

Archived