Using MaxPro, Considering switch to Global QDP - Any Inputs?

Guest tintpro2007

Guest tintpro2007

Talked with a Global rep. this morning and I am considering a switch to Global QDP from my MaxPro line. I've never personally ahd an issue with MaxPro but I have seen others posting about it. At the same time, I haven't heard much about Global, what I have heard has been good, but that's been from Global dealers so I wouldn't expect them to talk bad about their film. I just need a film that is going to last and not give me issues and cost me money in warranties. Any input is appreciated.  :thumb2

complete ground source integration of the product!  They control every aspect of the film that is made.  I do use Global and have for 7 years.  I love it.  I have yet to see any issues with the film. 

I did see issues with one of the "top" films.  I found the film delaminating when I went to peel the liner on several occasions, using my fingernail to peel....also has a few rolls that I could not use for door or quarter glasses as they curled up so badly they would roll up to about a 3/4" size roll if you let them..

you stated the "reboxing" myth backwards there but I know Howard at Express has film for all occasions and he would even tell you what his film lines will do.

Do not know who he has making film and I am sure he can't say either, but I will tell you have have not seen any issues with Global and I know others personally that have never seen issues either!  Flat Rock Stan, for one, on here swears by it! Shwusyrtnts on here used it for a good while and just recently posted he never seen any issues with the QDP or HP lines.... I know that Solar Control Films out of St Louis does not have issues with it and they move a LOT of film.  I would know if they had any complaints as Richard keeps me in the loop on most things.

I have been using it for about 7 years too.  Never have had one issue with the QDP.  In fact I had one of my first customers, after the switch over from Llumar, in just a couple of days ago and was asking him about the film on his last car I had done for him.  Says it still looks as good as when it was new.

Global is great. Used it for years and only switched because my film rep. switched. As a matter of fact he is one of the owners of max pro if I remember correctly. Jack Sagar was his name. If he had kept distributing global I'd still be using it today. When he startwd just snding me rolls of shait that clearly was not what I ordered I moved on at the time. Now ive aquired decent discounts on other very quality films and have just stuck with them.

Use it there is a huge following for global for a reason even from peeps like me who use others films but still recommend em.

No matter what good luck and please let us know what you choose and some feedback.

I've been using QDP for about a year and no issues. Here in NC you need to carrry both the QDP 40 and 45. The 40 meters roughly %38-39 which could fall below the 32% law on some vehicles. Richard at Solar Control films is who I buy from. I've used there ceramic as well. It's very thick but works well. QDP20% matches well to factory privacy glass.

Guest tintpro2007

I've been using QDP for about a year and no issues. Here in NC you need to carrry both the QDP 40 and 45. The 40 meters roughly %38-39 which could fall below the 32% law on some vehicles. Richard at Solar Control films is who I buy from. I've used there ceramic as well. It's very thick but works well. QDP20% matches well to factory privacy glass.

Hey hey another NC tinter, you're only about 4 hours from me lol. Nice to meet ya sir  :cool  I have a question that concerns me though, if global has such good recommendations and followers and is as good a product as everyone seems to say then why is it sooooooo cheap for a 36" roll of QDP? And why do you never really hear their name?

Archived