V-kool corrosion

Guys,

I have seen a lot of this.....it's this strange colour corrosion in VK.

Here is a photo I took this weekend just gone on a friend's car.

It makes one wonder that with all this wonderful whiz-bang sputtered technology, no film manufacturer is without problems.

Take every expectation claim on face value.

Devil

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bds,

That's the top of a Subaru Impreza 98 model rear wind-down.

I've seen that on flat glass too........it's as if the blade, when cutting the film, reacts with the structure of the composition and causes tint cancer.

I'll get you a photo of a huge car dealership showroom glass which has VK laminated in the glass and the holes cut out to pin the glass show the exact same oddity.

Eeeeek.

Devil

Guest Tintbds-

Solux Company has a fader film that does even worst than that.

The tint look good at first but in weeks!! :poke skin cancer.

In fact it did a fader black and silver about 4years ago which went from silver to black. :gasp:shoot1

Guest Litespeeds

V-Kool has some type of silver in it and can definitely corrode if exposed to certain elements. That is why they recommend to edge seal all their film jobs with some insulating electrical compound which kind of looks like clear silicone gel. That is what I do for rollup windows along the top edge just like the one pictured. I guess that customer didn't have the edge sealed. :gasp

I still haven't seen the PERFECT film yet.

Lite,

That install wasn't edge sealed but micro cut to the edge extremely well.

How would you seal that then when you can't even get an edge for auto? :gasp Surely it would look crap? The other doors were OK but the join on the rear hatch and some of the perimeter of the tint was going that way as well.

I have seen that sealant you speak of.

Devil

You're darn toot'n Leo. :poke

All the friggin stuff goes legs up down here.

Imagine buying this gear and find out that in a few years on that this high end film is corroding at $14 US dollars per sq.ft. or thereabouts. :shoot1

I'd be heading for the hills and name changing every 12 months. :gasp

Devil

Guest Sprinter

don't file the edge then you can seal it,

next time when you take a pic can you have something in the back ground like clouds or a building maybe a 2nd pic of the whole car so we don't have to ask or guess what part of the car your taking a pic of, I had the same ? as above. seems to make it easier for us to get the whole picture. :gasp

You're darn toot'n Leo. :gasp

All the friggin stuff goes legs up down here.

Imagine buying this gear and find out that in a few years on that this high end film is corroding at $14 US dollars per sq.ft. or thereabouts. :gasp

I'd be heading for the hills and name changing every 12 months. :shoot1

Devil

[*]220975

Welcome to Latvia!!! Country where also REFLECTIVE RED doesn't fade :shoot1:poke:poke

Archived