Using a mobile platform that works..

Guest Deep

Guest Deep

For you guys that do mobile work or do onsite installs at the dealer, You know what a hassle it can be to lug all your gear to the spot that you need to be at to do the work. It is for this specific reason that I have developed the MTAP or affectionately called the "Mule". It is perfect to accomplish the task of getting everything to where you need to go, without having to make another trip to get something else that you forgot or could not carry:

P1040081.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Deep

I am sure that you guys have all seen this tool box at the local home depot. It has been heavily modified to carry anything that I need to tint on location. I will show you a series of pictures of what the capability is and give you an idea on how to build one yourself:

P1040082.jpg

P1040081.jpg

It basically can carry everything that you see here and more:

P1040086.jpg

1 garbage can for scraps

1 peel board made of plexiglass

2 to 4 rolls of film (depending on how you bungie it down)

1 rear window kit (everything that I need to do the back glass with tool wise)

1 extension cord w/ heat gun

4 spray bottles

1 roll around stool

paper towels

tool pouch

any other install tool that you may need

I have basically built a slot that the peel board slides into and is secured with bungies that attach from the back:

P1040089.jpg

The slot also has 2 holders than I can put various prohandle tools in as well as one that holds my soap for the back glass:

P1040089.jpg

Bungies hold down my stool as well. I have simply backed out one of the screws that attaches the pad to the top and inserted a longer screw so that the bungie has something to grab onto. It is wrapped in tape so that the threads do not tear away at the bungie:

P1040085.jpg

And miscellaneous stuff that I put into the garbage bucket to bring along

(it can carry more depending on what you need)

The extension reel has a carabiner that is attached so that you can hook it on a ubolt that I have attached (there are many):

P1040083.jpg

There is also a ubolt that you can slip the heat gun into as you move the Mule:

P1040084.jpg

I have a plug that you can directly plug into that is on the box to keep the cord from getting into the way:

P1040088-1.jpg

P1040103.jpg

P1040104.jpg

Top view. It has a nice storage compartment (2) on the top that holds alot of misc items, knives, razor blades, business cards etc:

P1040087.jpg

The Mule can be a little top heavy depending on how big your peel board is, so I weighed it down a bit because it has tipped over once:

P1040090.jpg

On top of that is the back glass kit, which I put into the back seat and get whatever tools I need to use out of it:

P1040092.jpg

On top of that is the auxillary tool tray that holds other tools and items:

P1040093.jpg

Pic of bungie securing the PB:

P1040100.jpg

Need to slit some film? I have made 2 attachments that work to hold the box while you slit film to the size you need. It is held onto the PB by big tension clamps:

P1040099.jpg

P1040097.jpg

P1040096.jpg

P1040098.jpg

When not being used for slitting film, the clamps are used to secure my waste basket and makes a nice paper towel holder:

P1040095.jpg

Miscellaneous pics:

P1040101-1.jpg

P1040102.jpg

P1040104.jpg

P1040105.jpg

It fits nicely into the mobile unit:

P1040106.jpg

P1040107.jpg

P1040108.jpg

It takes just a few minutes to load all this onto the mule and you can walk comfortable with it for a long time if you have to. I once had to do some work on some show cars at a local venue here. I could not find a parking spot close by. I parked about 3 city blocks away and walked my Mule all the way in. I was not even breathing hard by the time I got where I needed to be.

I hope you like it and see the benefit. This tool is a lifesaver to me, and I cant imagine working without it....

NICE BOX!! I usually say that to the females for a pickup line but you deserve it as well. Good Job. Why is there 2 heat gun holders? I think the one on the back will drag the nose of the heat gun when you tilt the box to roll away. Definatley got some time in it. How much in coin you think.

Archived