removing acid rain

Guest GreenCove

Guest GreenCove

You can use steel wool and car wax to remove acid rain spots. It is actually the hard way to do it compared to using acid or whink, but it is alot safer than getting the acid on your skin or breathing it. It is also better for windows that have windshield wiper marks etched in the glass, the acid will make it worse. It does take alot of rubbing! You have to do a small area at a time, but it turns out good. It probably wont work on all acid rain but it should work on most. Alot of times you tint a car and you are proud of the way it turns out but all you see is acid rain spots, so this is just one option of removing them.

You can use steel wool and car wax to remove acid rain spots. It is actually the hard way to do it compared to using acid or whink, but it is alot safer than getting the acid on your skin or breathing it. It is also better for windows that have windshield wiper marks etched in the glass, the acid will make it worse. It does take alot of rubbing! You have to do a small area at a time, but it turns out good. It probably wont work on all acid rain but it should work on most. Alot of times you tint a car and you are proud of the way it turns out but all you see is acid rain spots, so this is just one option of removing them.

Good idea!

I found out amways hard surface pertectant works best..."works 100 times better than rainex for beading water up "...and still think wink is the best cleaner...when you put these to together it like addin a new piece of glass to your car restoring the new look to your glass...

What is wink? :beer

ill start out by saying its a acid used for removeing stains off toilet bowls (porcelin) it come in a brown bottle and does say not to use on glass :thumb but all us glass guys do anyways! I will not use it in direct sun and ill only use it if I have a set of rubber dish washing gloves due to its burning sensation if it touches your skin...

"it does how ever remove all stains from glass. removes hard water, major calcium build up, and what ever else you need to remove from glass...but never getting it on paint or anything else acid will eat....."

Guest GreenCove
What is wink? :thumb

ill start out by saying its a acid used for removeing stains off toilet bowls (porcelin) it come in a brown bottle and does say not to use on glass :beer but all us glass guys do anyways! I will not use it in direct sun and ill only use it if I have a set of rubber dish washing gloves due to its burning sensation if it touches your skin...

"it does how ever remove all stains from glass. removes hard water, major calcium build up, and what ever else you need to remove from glass...but never getting it on paint or anything else acid will eat....."

just dont use whink or acid where there are scratches it will turn them white, or on a windshield because of the fine scratches from the windshield wipers. Thats why I like the steel wool and wax combo because you can use it on windshields and it leaves the glass smooth.

Archived