EWF and sliptack

I switched over to ewf a couple week ago and the true black HP im using is tacking up really good, almost a little to fast though. I was told by someone to use less to get more slip, but the only way I can get it to not tack as quick, is to add a small amount of non ultra joy.

I remember scotty mentioned that i could probably get away without using sliptack in the summer here b/c its so damn hot, but i would rather do away with joy. I don't miss the haze you get after install with joy and since ive been using sliptack, I don't have to expain that to cutomers anymore.

Sliptack was coating all my filters and bottles with white gunk, it was rather annoying.

Hi TintMan,

I sincerely apologize for that white gunk mess. It was mold. I am personally responsible.

The problem can be traced back to the first two 55 Gallon drums of the raw chemicals we received for our first batch. They were not preserved and I did not realize the potential for mold formation within the drums.

The father of one of our west coast staff members is a pharmacist. Following some simple procedures he gave us, we solved the problem very quickly.

Mounting solutions have been covered in depth by several threads, so I won't delve too deeply here other than to stress that professional solutions (Film-On, Slip-Tack) and the others are superior by virtue of what they do not contain. For those of you who don't care for them, Johnsons Baby Shampoo is the most chemically similar. Dishwashing soaps contain so many additional ingredients (degreasers, oils, anti-microbials) that many "lab nerds" consider them entirely incompatible with window film application.

Other important things about Slip-Tack:

It is not mandatory - it is recommended

It is also free for the asking when ordering any EWF film

-Howard

Sliptack was coating all my filters and bottles with white gunk, it was rather annoying.

Hi TintMan,

I sincerely apologize for that white gunk mess. It was mold. I am personally responsible.

The problem can be traced back to the first two 55 Gallon drums of the raw chemicals we received for our first batch. They were not preserved and I did not realize the potential for mold formation within the drums.

The father of one of our west coast staff members is a pharmacist. Following some simple procedures he gave us, we solved the problem very quickly.

Mounting solutions have been covered in depth by several threads, so I won't delve too deeply here other than to stress that professional solutions (Film-On, Slip-Tack) and the others are superior by virtue of what they do not contain. For those of you who don't care for them, Johnsons Baby Shampoo is the most chemically similar. Dishwashing soaps contain so many additional ingredients (degreasers, oils, anti-microbials) that many "lab nerds" consider them entirely incompatible with window film application.

Other important things about Slip-Tack:

It is not mandatory - it is recommended

It is also free for the asking when ordering any EWF film

-Howard

This was just this summer though?

Archived