Honda civic coupe

Guest Tint Wiz

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 96CivicEX06

OK, I'm trying to remove the rear deck in order to remove tint already applied to the back window before I bought the car. I have a 96 Civic Coupe, I tried attempting the steps that were already posted but had some problems. I couldn't seem to find the screw on the side wall handle, didn't see a handle at all, just a place to put cups or something. What is the pillar cap? Pics would probably help me out a lot, but I don't think anyone has any of my specific car? Maybe a step by step procedure for an interior dumby might help me out I dunno.

I did another 04 today and instead of taking so much apart I pivoted the right side out first and slid the left side at a 45 angle and the shelf came out by only pulling the upper side panels. A little more risk but if you know how its all in there you can swing it. No seat removal or side walls, but ya gotta be gentle.

Guest thetintshop
I did another 04 today and instead of taking so much apart I pivoted the right side out first and slid the left side at a 45 angle and the shelf came out by only pulling the upper side panels. A little more risk but if you know how its all in there you can swing it. No seat removal or side walls, but ya gotta be gentle.

yep, the coupes are a little easier than the 4 doors. :hmmm you don't have to pull the sail panels off, but they're so freakin easier to R&R, why not go ahead and do it?

Guest 96CivicEX06

I got the deck off finally. You're right, easier just to do it. Anyone have a guess how much a new deck would cost because it's all scratched up from one of the previous owners trying to remove the tint off the back window... along with the defrosters :rollin

Archived