99-03 malibu rear deck

Guest expertint

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Braud Spectrum

:thumb Shore did FBJ It's hard to tell how much time I'd have wasted figuring that stupid thing out. :evileye I'd already wasted a half hour last night and was soooo aggravated.

Thanks again. :thumb

Ifought with one of those last week..I knew how it lined up and everything ...I just couldn't get the black clip out of the car chassis for the LIFE of me..talk about being drenched in sweat from a little peice of crap like that ! LOL

Guest Braud Spectrum

:lol6 Oh Lord. Now ya tell me...

Well I didn't take the package tray all the way out. I just jerked on it a couple times with all my measley might ...enough to get my side swiper behind it. Hopefully I didn't pull anything loose. :lol6

I just did one of these yesterday for a poor friend. For the price I was charging him I did it in 2 pieces and I just cut it pretty much exactly to size, put it on the window and slid it down 2 millimeters to cover everything and I didn't see anymore dust then normal in the tint. I also cut the tint around the carpet on the brake light so I didn't have to take the rear deck out.

I didn figure out that if you take two gasket jammers and put one on each corner of the brake lamp and put the tint on the window first with the park that goes down in the light, up on itself. Then one you have the tint under control and the jammers in place you can carfully slide the tint over the brakelight area and with a 6 inch scraper, take the black out and put a pink slammer in the holder and you can press the water out. Let it dry and take the jammers out and Voila! perfect jobe without taking out the rear deck.

Comments?

Archived