99-03 malibu rear deck

Guest expertint

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thetintshop

this is going to be hard, but I'll try to tell you how those POS clips work.

if they come out still attached to the seat, you don't have any problems. but if the clip stays in the bottom of the car, there's where it can suck. when you go to clip it back on the seat, DON'T push it all the way on. stop it just short. then push the top part onto the other bar until it snaps. then you can push the bottom part on easily.

I reread that, and it makes no sense. but if you look at it, you'll understand what I mean.

once you get the back seat back in, just push the seat down in the area where the clips are, it'll POP when it goes in.

Guest FastBackJack

Damn....I tried to find a pic of one on the net, but I couldnt find it! TTS is right on though. Theyre a b***h if your not familiar with it. And IT IS hard to explain. You need to put the fastener on the seat before putting the seat in. Stare at the hanger on the bottom of the seat, and the fastener and it will come to you. :thumb

Please excuse the horrible drawing, but I was doing it from memory....with a few beers in me. :lol6

Guest thetintshop

yes, that's it. make sure the #1 slot goes on first, but not all the way on, just start sliding it up until the #2 part will catch and snap in place. if you put the #1 part on all the way, #2 won't snap on. does that make any sense?

Guest Braud Spectrum

:thumb OK I see the problem. I had no idea how they attached because they did stay in the bottom when the seat came out. Came out easy enough when I squeezed or pinched on them but I couldn't really figure out how they went back on the metal wire part up under the seat. I saw two slots that looked like they needed to snap on to the wire but one really looked too narrow to attach the clip. So I only snapped one, the long one ...then it wanted to cock sideways or kinda swivel back and forth when the seat went back down. I even looked at the other one (I hadn't taken out of the bottom yet) to be sure I had it facing the right direction. What a pain in the ass for two little clips. :evileye

Thank you guys for the instructions descriptions and drawings. Good job FBJ. :thumb I can see it now. I think when I have at it again this morning with new zeal It'll go just fine. :uh

They're not picking up till this evening so it'll be here all day for me to mess with.

Guest Braud Spectrum

Yessireee ! If you have the stupid thing aimed in the right direction it goes much easier. I guess I was confused being upside down looking beneath there.

:evileye And just out of curiosity I peeked at the socket that was still in the ratchet from last night. It's a 1/2 " :uh Was already in there when I picked up the ratchet and as usual I figured it looked about the right size to me, so I tried it and it worked. I'm not very good with fraction conversions. Only with cooking recipes if I have to double or half. Still guessing even then most of the time. :thumb Too much math for me. :thumb:uh

And MDog the suckers had come loose after attempting last night before I posted...and I did have to fish them both out of their hole. :uh POS

Archived