99-03 malibu rear deck

Guest expertint

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FastBackJack

Those come out real easy.

Take out bottom seat. (when you put this back in make sure you have the clips on right)

Take off side pillars

Fold down top of back seat.

Take off quarter panels

Rip the tray right out.

Quick and simple :nope

Guest expertint

Thanks for the info Fastbackjack.We'll try it on the next one.We already told this one we'd cut around it for safety sake..so people can see the third brakelite and such.Where are you located fbj. ??

Guest Chicks Tinting

The 2002 does not fold down ... there are two 10mm bolts one on each side to remove and lift the seat up and out to unhook the back of the seat. .. And then the deck can be reached......

Guest Braud Spectrum

:lol6 Deep breaths....

Well. You shoulda heard the cussing from here. :lol6 Seats came out fine. Pulled on the package tray just a hair and after removing those three plastic baby seat cover thingys and had room then to get behind it So I didn't have to take it all the way out. But getting that bottom seat back in! You are right about those clips FBJ. I still am not sure it's in there good. I just fought it for thirty minutes... in and out then I'd think I had it and the seatbelts were under there and I had to take it back out to fish those out. :lol

I tried taking the clips off when I first started having a fit with it thinking that might make it easier but I still couldn't make it snap in. Are those black things supposed to clip onto that wire under the seat ? It's spending the night so I will go attack it again in a little bit. Wanted to calm down first.

OT I used the blue school glue on those dots. Worked great ! :thumb Makes a nice little bead.

Archived