Late model Intrepids

Guest darkdan

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bringing an old thread from the dead here..but thought it would make someones life a little easier...it's a good idea to have a spare set of these around if your a tinter that likes removing or pulling panels on these cars. It's behind the peice that holds the triangle mirror cover in place on some yrs of this car...they can easily break and your screwed if they do...it's because of the force of your plug puller prying it off(no matter how gentle you are doing it...if the plastic is a couple of yrs old...not even that, they can break around the screw area...they only cost $5 for a set from the dealer. It's good to have around on hand so you don't have to worry about ordering them if it happens. Doesn't happen often..but it can...and not all intrepids have this peice in behind ( I think they smartened up along the way) so you can just pop them on with 2 screws. :lol6

:mad

I remove the whole panel. I never seen that piece before. are u sure its from an inteprid? :thumb

[*]244051

I'm not mistaken. It's from an Intrepid.

As I say ..some have them..some don't . I think they're a thing of the past , I've noticed them more on the 99 - 00 ones.

What happens is if the metal clip on the triangle peice is stretched out a little too wide...it breaks the plastic around the screws on the peice illustrated.

some /most have it where the triangle peice go right into the frame of the body(the right way...the smart way) ,but beware ..there are a few (surprise ones thare have this peice in behind it) :thumb:mad

It's not a TOTW kind of thing...but just be awate they are out there...and they can break is all.

well the only triangle I ever seen is the cover where the tweeter is located? you have to unscrew that and then there are like 2 more inside. that's all I can remember. but like you said some may have some may not.

good advice either way. :thumbdown

:evileye

I remove the whole panel. I never seen that piece before. are u sure its from an inteprid? :lol

[*]244051

:nope

[*]244363

I know a couple of you were wondering if I confused myself with thinking of another car with that peice I was showing you ...as I say..It's only on some Intrepids...it so hapens I booked one for a tint a few days after bringing this up so ...and it so happened to be that style , so snaped 2 pics to show you I haven't lost my marbles...well..completely :lol

post-104-1105649148.jpg

well what do you know, that's what I was talking about, normally for me, the ones iv'e done have a tweeter inside but with a cover you know, must a be a cheaper version of intrepid :thumb

good to know you still have your jingle balls in order :lol6

well what do you know, that's what I was talking about, normally for me, the ones iv'e done have a tweeter inside but with a cover you know, must a be a cheaper version of intrepid :thumb 

good to know you still have your jingle balls in order :lol6

[*]245951

Yeah...I actually prefere that style too...I think your right..these are the "non option" intrepids :lol2

Archived