mustang convertible

Guest thetintshop

Guest thetintshop

I just realized today while I was tinting one, that I had never done one of these before. I don't know why, but I've never even priced one. so my question is, what the hell do you do with the back glass? I did it, but DAMN. :lol it was hell trying to keep the crap from coming down into the top of the film, and it had quite a bit, more than I would like anyway. so what does everybody else do?

I make a paper patten from the inside, and leave a tiny gap near the fabric on top. I have cut the fabric away before (about an 1/8 inch) and it looked good, but I dont recommend doing that as mustang owners are as bad as BMW owners.

yeah, these back windows suck, not as bad as a cavalier convertible, but I do like TD....I have a release sheet pattern, I'm not cool enough to use paper LOL....I also do like TD...and leave it a little short at top and bottom....then after the whole car is done, I dry the edges with a paper towel, and fill with tint opaquer (marker) lol..... :lol

Guest thetintshop

that's basically what I did, but I still couldn't keep the contamination from coming down. it wasn't really that bad, only a few specs across the top. once I pulled it outside, you really couldn't even see it. but still, I know it's there and it drives me nuts. the customer looked at it and she didn't have a problem, I explained it to her and she was fine with it. I've done a few camaro converts before, but nothing was as bad as this damn ford.

I guess the trick is to not wet the window much right before the film goes on...and soak the film install it a little lower than usual.....that should help, when you start to squeegee, just do a solid pass in the middle from left to right, then get a hard card and hammer out the water right up at the edge of the film. that should help keep stuff from getting sucked back in with the water moving around.

Guest thetintshop

hell, after cleaning I didn't even wet the window, just the film. I even taped the top off just in case. but after rethinking it, this car was four years old and had 50k miles on it. it may have just been a sandbag.

sounds like the typical for bucket. oh well dude, you did what you could....the cust. ain't bitchin' so don't lose sleep over it. I know, you just wanna know "how the hell can I get it clean??" it's a for convt. it's not really possible unless it's brand new, then it's hit or miss still....oh well, go get another beer and call it a day. :beer:bingo

Archived